The Hub keeps throwing errors during updates

Very often, when I'm in TheHub trying to perform updates of my various sites, plugins and themes I get the following error (see attachment).

Although I really love the idea of TheHub, the fact that I keep getting this error and have to keep logging in to check what's going on, somewhat defeats the purpose of using The Hub.

I do have the latest installation of the Dashboard in place, so I can't figure out why this is happening. My sites are hosted on SiteGround and have plenty of disk space left.

• James Morris

Hello David Attard,

I hope you are well today.

Sometimes you can get an error like this if there is a communication error between your server and our servers. In order to see if this is the case, we'd need to know if there are any error messages being generated by one of your sites that this problem is occurring with.

The first place to look is in your WPMU DEV Dashboard on your site:

Go to WPMU DEV Dashboard -> Support -> System Info -> HTTP REQUESTS.

If there is a problem communicating with our servers, it will usually show up here.

You can also try enabling debug. To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Again, if there's an issue with WPMU DEV Dashboard, usually something will be logged in wp-content/debug.log.

If the problem is consistently happening on specific sites, it could be an IP ban. To determine that, we'd need to know the IP address of the affected site so we can check for a block in our system.

Please attempt the above steps when you have this error in your Hub and we will be happy to help you further track down the source of the problem.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.