The hub say: You have 1 issue outstanding. But there is none in the site

The hub say: You have 1 issue outstanding. But there is none in the site.
That's it when I go check what is the issue that Defender is pointing out there is nothing, everything is green and clean.
No updates needed, not even translation files
???

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello BKBAI

I hope you are doing great today. We are sorry you are having issues with our plugins and thank you for your patience so far. We hope to resolve this.

Would you please Grant Support Access so that we can have a closer look at this issue. You can enable support access by following this guide. Once we have access we will have a look and let you know what we found.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello BKBAI

Thank you for enabling support access. Indeed, everything is green and done on Defender. Unfortunately I cannot have access to your Hub, could you please make a Screenshot of the part where it reports the issue on the hub, you can blur anything that you don't to post here. It will be even better if you copy and paste any error messages or warnings reported by the Hub.

Once we have that we will be able to check and see what we can do.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hi BKBAI

I hope you are doing great today. I have seen the screenshot but there isn't enough information about what the issue is so it makes it difficult for me to suggest a fix.

I have found that the reason might be due to a delay in the Hub syncing with Defender on your website, if this is the case then it should be fixed once the two have synced. It is also possible that the results are cached so clearing the cache on your website can help fix the issue. If you have caching enabled could you please try to purge the cache from your website so that the Hub can get the latest results from your website.

I have tried to login to your site but it seems the Support Access is no longer working. If its still not working and you would like us to check again, please revoke and enable support access again.

I am so sorry for all the inconveniences, I hope this is resolved soon.

Have a wonderful day.
    Mahlamusa

• Andi

Hi Mahlamusa

this looks pretty much the same like the screenshots I have written in my support ticket today concerning the same problem.

Even we have uploaded new plugins meanwhile to the site and cleared all kind of caches, the hub still won't update as it still wants to parse a site - there is no way to tell the Hub to simply skip that for now and do a complete scan again.

It is for sure something with caching and synchronizing but I think the problem is on the hub side as it seems to cache and not update the information and there is no way to simply tell the HUB:"Hello we have changed something please check again'"

Kind regards
    Andi

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello Guys,

Thanks for your feedback. I got a suggestion from the developer, he says try to revert one change then fix it again. That should ping the hub to update the data. Please try that and let us know what happens.

Thanks for your feedback, it is much appreciated. I am sorry for the inconveniences you are having regarding to this and I hope we get this resolved.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa

• Lindeni Mahlalela

Hello BKBAI

I hope you are great today. I am happy if the workaround worked for you, I hope it also works for Andi.

With regards to the Defender's "Prevent Information Disclosure" you can try the following code in your .htaccess file, in the root of your WordPress install, this is usually 'public_html/.htaccess', add the following code:

## WP Defender - Prevent information disclosure ##
    <FilesMatch "\.(txt|md|exe|sh|bak|inc|pot|po|mo|log|sql)$">
    	Order allow,deny
    	Deny from all
    </FilesMatch>
    <Files robots.txt>
    	Allow from all
    </Files>
    ## WP Defender - End ##

The lines starting with '##' are comments, they serve to mark the beginning and end of Defender's configuration and are safe to remove as long as you will know and remember what you added so you can be able to revert if necessary.

Please try the code and let us know how it goes, if it does not work and you wish to follow up then I suggest going through live chat and they will assist you, if they can't they will open another ticket specific to that issue. It is recommended to keep issues on separate ticket for the convenience of other following this ticket but don't have the second issue on their site.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any other issues and we will be happy to help.

Have a nice day.
    Mahlamusa