The Hub – Uptime – notification that my site is getting down randomly

Getting notification that my site is getting down randomly. Member contacted hosting support and increased max_user_connections value as it max. Please check the site debug.log

Related warning in debug.log

[11-Mar-2019 19:14:47 UTC] PHP Warning: mysqli_real_connect(): (42000/1203): User synergyon_corporate already has more than ‘max_user_connections’ active connections in /home/++++++++/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1612

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Kelly,

hope you’re doing well today! :slight_smile:

I’m afraid that as we don’t have any information from the server support about any procedures that cause these timeouts, then you should perform some more tests to narrow this down.

As this is a live website and you will have to make some conflict tests, like deactivating plugins and/or theme and measure any changes in the load time, you will first have to create a staging environment, meaning a complete and exact copy of this installation into another location/folder in the same server, using a separate database, and perform the test in there instead without worrying about the live site. The following flowchart image can assist you during this test: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

Also, keep in mind that our Uptime monitor will timeout itself after 30 seconds if the site isn’t loaded. This will return a downtime in Hub and HummingBird with a message of “timeout”, which means that the Uptime service timeout, not the site itself, as it may be needing more than 30 seconds to load at that time.

Warm regards,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.