The images has low quality

Dear support team

The images in the "LATEST PROPERTIES" grid, or any other grids, are having low quality

Please check this link as an example:
https://bluedrive.wpengine.com/?pfsearch-filter&pfsearch-filter-order=ASC&pfsearch-filter-number=8&pfsearch-filter-ltype=0&pfsearch-filter-itype=0&pfsearch-filter-location=80&pfsearch-filter-col=grid4

We feel that the images looks somehow hazy when compared to other websites.

Regards

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Ahmed,

Hope you're doing well.

Have you noticed this issue only after optimizing your images?
    If so, could you disable auto-optimize in Media > WP Smush panel and then re-upload the image so we can compare the old and new one and see what's going on.

In this case, we would also need support access in order to compare them and check your WP Smush settings and behavior.
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Please respond in this ticket once access is granted.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ahmed

Dear Predrag

I think that the problem exist with the plugin and without it.. But we were expecting that the image quality would be good with Smushit optimization.

You can check it yourself.. May be there is a missing configuration.
    We granted you access..

Notes:
    Referring to the previously sent URL:
    - From the "Grid Photos Min. Size (Width/Height)" in the below link you can control the image size within the Ad block
    /wp-admin/admin.php?page=_pfsizelimitconf

And you can change the image of the 2 Ads from the "featured images" in the below links
    /wp-admin/post.php?post=42&action=edit&lang=en
    /wp-admin/post.php?post=3525&action=edit&lang=en

Regards

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks for granting access.

I was checking your site and did a few tests in there, so here's what I found out.
    Your image size used in that section is custom created by the Ads plugin, however it doesn't use the default WordPress way of creating a separate thumbnail.

Smush plugin works in a way that it grabs your image, and its thumbnails registered by WP and optimizes those images, but since your ads thumbnails are not part of the media library Smush is unable to reach them and optimize them.

So, what this means is that those images are not losing quality because of Smush, as it's not optimizing them at all, but rather the way that the thumbnail is created.

You should check with the plugin developers how they are creating those thumbnails, WordPress uploader does reduce image quality a bit but it's usually unnoticeable, so I'm guessing that the plugin is creating those thumbnails in a different way which causes the loss in quality and because of this it's best to discuss this with them first and see if you can define higher quality for thumbnails.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.