the ios app plugin won't download/install on my site

WP for iOS will not install from dashboard nor upload via plugins page. The install feature just redirects to the information page. and the download method reported a failed error.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kelly,

I hope you're having a great day! Thank you for your question.

First of all let me explain that WP for IOS is not a plugin. Take a look at this quote from the docs:

wp for ios is not a WordPress plugin or theme. It’s a full-blown standalone publishing environment built exclusively for the iOS platform. So installation and configuration is a bit different.

This is why it won't install on your WordPress site as a plugin or any other way. If you find it through our WPMU DEV dashboard plugin install page you'll get a big "Download" button and above it there's a "Learn more" link. Click it and you'll be redirected to the app's page. Now again ignore "Install button" and click on "download plugin" link (this might be a bit confusing as this is an issue of a standard template for plugins used on our site). This way you'll download the app to your local disk.

After unzipping it you'll be able to use the app. Inside the archive you'll also find a documentation for app but you may want to take a look first at this page: ttps://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-for-ios/ ("Usage" tab).

Also please remember that before downloading you may need to login to the member's area of our site.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.