The logo does not upload. subscribe by email

I get to a blak page after trying touse the image I was chosing.

Vinod Dalvi

Hi @basicus,

Thank you for your question.

I just tested it on my test site using latest version of subscribe by email plugin and it worked fine.

Can you try enabling WP_DEBUG mode and debug logging? To do this, just go to wp-config.php include this:

define('WP_DEBUG',true);
    define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',true);

You might already have a line for WP_DEBUG, so just make sure it's set to true. This will create a log file under wp-content/debug.log with detailed information.

Let me know what errors if any you are getting!

Also check JavaScript console for errors. In Chrome go to "View -> Developer -> Javascript Console" and in Firefox you can go to "Tools -> Web Developer -> Console”

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

basicus

Here is the code that I see in the source of the text page in the uploading window. This is the only source being produced.

<script type="text/javascript">
    /* <![CDATA[ */
    var win = window.dialogArguments || opener || parent || top;
    win.send_to_editor('[lightbox link=\"http://bilglass1.no/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/bilglass1-emblem.png\" thumb=\"http://bilglass1.no/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/bilglass1-emblem.png\" width=\"180\" align=\"none\" title=\"\" frame=\"true\" icon=\"image\"]');
    /* ]]> */
    </script>

I think the problem comes from the template Alyeska that is active on the site. It has it's own handling of LIghtbox built in that aparently is overtaking all image generation throughout the system. I wish there was a manual way to override this, but it seems there is none.

Can I manually tell the plugin where the image is in the db?

Vinod Dalvi

Hi @basicus,

Thank you for your reply.

Here is the code that I see in the source of the text page in the uploading window. This is the only source being produced.

I wanted to know about errors if any by following the steps mentioned in previous reply.

I think the problem comes from the template Alyeska that is active on the site. It has it's own handling of LIghtbox built in that aparently is overtaking all image generation throughout the system. I wish there was a manual way to override this, but it seems there is none.

I think you are talking about Alyeska theme. Can you just test this on your test site using Alyeska and default WordPress theme like Twenty Twelve to confirm that it is happening because of theme conflict?

Can I manually tell the plugin where the image is in the db?

Yes you can in the database logo image path is saved in wp_options with incsub_sbe_settings option_name. You can add logo path in plugin code manually by changing following plugin files.
    subscribe-by-email/admin/admin-settings-page.php on line number 489 and 492
    subscribe-by-email/inc/mail-templates/mail-template.php on line number 204

But keep in mind if you update the plugin then the changes made in plugin code will be overwritten and you have to redo it so i suggest you to make the changes in child theme instead of plugin.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi