The main site on multisite install is being requested to upgrade.

I have set up ProSites and now the main site on the multisite is getting the message to upgrade. I thought that ProSites recognized the main site and it doesn't have to be on a plan. Thanks for your help.

• Jan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@Ciprian Gherghescu - I believe I shouldn't have to upgrade. The main site is not on a plan and shouldn't be getting that message. I've never received that message before. I'm going to disable all plugins and go back through. This is a new install and I have been careful, taking my time in an effort to not have problems. It doesn't make sense to me. Thanks

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@janlfox

The Idea behind this is that you can set your main site as any level, but also for example you might not want admins (not super admin) adding any extra features to you main site (hope you understand what i mean) so just manually upgrade the site in pro sites and that's it done.

For example on my setup i don't want all the functions of my top tier available on my main site so i have it set to permanent at one level down. (Then you never get the upgrade message)

Cheers

• Jan

Hello all -- I have not had the chance to work on this anymore and will do as @Tom Eagles suggested when back on this project, I just don't recall having to set this before so was concerned.

@Tom Eagles - How do you mean set as permanent? Are your levels set as the following example? exp: Free, Level 2, Level 3, Permanent.

Thanks for your help.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @janlfox

I hope you are well today, if you go to network admin > pro sites > manage sites > search sites (don't enter anything in the search box) then on that page it will have a list of all sites, your one will be the one with just a / where you see pro sites > click manage (screenshot attached) > then scroll down and check permanent > extend.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jan

@Jack - Thank you for the directions. I finally figured it out, I just used the site ID# to get to my site. This is good to know.

@Tom - No problem. Many times, if I'm able to keep working on a project, I figure it out before an update is made but always learn great new information.

Thanks for your help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.