The MarketPress (CoursePress Pro Bundle) breaks my CoursePress child theme

I have created a child theme for CoursePress Pro which runs fine, but as soon as I install the MarketPress (CoursePress Pro Bundle) plugin, it deletes the original CoursePress plugin entirely and breaks my website.

P.S. A built in child theme would be a great feature to add to the CoursePress Pro plugin.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Alex,

We've had reports of coursepress being removed when updating marketpress, but not on activating MP plugin. can you confirm if this was the case?

Your data should still be safe, you just need to install coursepress pro again and your data will be fine.

The updating issue should hopefully be fixed soon.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

• alex_blasingame
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes, you're correct, CoursePress was removed when updating MarketPress. I've re-installed both and they seem to be working fine for the moment.

Now I have a new problem- whenever I try to activate just about any other plugin it gives me a 500 server error. I've tried activating a bunch of WPMU plugins, such a Snapshot and Pay with a Like, each time with the same result.

I deactivated all plugins, switched to the 2014 theme, and activated these same plugins one by one (except CoursePress). The theme never broke. I then reactivated CoursePress and the MarketPress bundle and got another 500 error.

All of the plugins I'm trying to use are either WPMUDev plugins and/or trusted plugins I've used together without any problem on other sites. It looks like CoursePress doesn't play well with others.

If you have a solution for this I'd love to have it. This plugin should work great for my business model, as long as it stops crashing my site.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

This sounds like it could be memory related.

Could you try adding the following to wp-config.php see if that helps.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

However, if you could check your sites error_logs, that might give us a better clue. Have a look for an error_log file in your sites root folder (where wp-config.php resides) and in the /wp-admin/ folder. See if there are any errors listed.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.