The media galelry on a site tha I'm building is behaving

Hi,
The media galelry on a site tha I'm building is behaving odd. When I upload images (all of which are jpegs) it just shows a pice of paper icon to represent the image, it doesn't show the preview in the media gallery. what could be causing this? Also when I upload it just sits at 100 percent on all images and doesn't leave that status.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Corn,

I hope you're well today!

I checked your site and each time I try to upload an image I'm getting a message saying nothing more than just a "HTTP Error". Examining upload with Chrome Dev Tools shows that "async-upload.php" WP file is returning "500 Internal Server" error. This is one of the most difficult to diagnose errors if it isn't caused by too low WP memory. This doesn't seem to be a case here though.

That said, I'd start with checking available storage space allocated to your site first. The fact that recently uploaded images are there but do WP wasn't able to generate thumbnails and the fact that I wasn't able to upload any image at all together with aforementioned error suggest that lack of server disk space may be an issue here.

If this doesn't help, please run a a full theme/plugin conflict test as described on a flowchart in this article (this means switching to default theme Twenty Fifteen and checking for an issue and then deactivating all the plugins at once and enabling them one by one each time checking for an issue).

Let me know about the result, please!
    Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.