The menu is missing - Meaning, where you normally find

The menu is missing -
Meaning, where you normally find 'Bold' 'link' etc... is simply not there. Switch between 'Visual' and 'Text' is possible, but of no effect.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Ralph, hope you're doing well today. :slight_smile:

Is this a new install, or have you upgraded to the latest version, and this issue showed up? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Pop Up, to see if that makes a difference?

Also, have you tried disabling the other plugins on your site, in case one of them is interfering with Pop Up? I've got the menu showing up on my test install, so I'm curious to see if there's something in your install that's causing this to happen.

Please advise,
    Michael

• Ralph
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi,

Here is what I tried so far (all with the same, negative result)

1. Re-install from scratch - both with other plugins enabled as well as (almost) all disabled. 'Almost' referring to basic plugins needed for functionality.

2. On 2 websites (both retina related) Crumina 'OneTouch' and 'Second Touch' - with the same results.

3. Tried a diff theme - works.

4. The main differences are : Metro Visual Builder & WPBakery Visual Composer in the Crumina themes. Having written that, they had a similar problem with their own which was fixed through an update.

Any ideas? Thanks.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hey @Ralph

I hope you are well today and thank you for debugging result.

So, it is clear that the issue with that theme. Please right click on the chrom browser, select inspect element, select console tab, refresh the page and check if there is any error shown in that page. Then would you please contact the theme developer with that error to check what they say?

Please let us know how it goes.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ralph
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Ash,

I didn't give a confirmed debugging result - neither is it clear that the problem is with 'that theme' - if your read my post properly, it is spreading over 2 themes. Given the fact that all other plugins (except yours) are working fine on my sites. With over 9000 copies of the crumina themes sold - it needs a look from the plugin developer. Certainly not from a 'user'.

I don't have the time to test or debug plugins - or even copy/paste results to developers, 'check what they say', waiting for results and then get (probably) caught in the middle. As far as I am concerned, your plugin doesn't work. All others do.

Bottom line - Can you (or will you) fix it? Yes/No. If No, you are selling a product which doesn't work or is not compatible as claimed. Simple as that.

Send me a straight answer what you will (or won't) do to resolve the problem.

Thank you.

RE

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hi @Ralph

First off all, I didn't close this thread, and we are still open to solve your issue. Even I never said that, we won't try to fix your issue. Not sure, why you took it offensive, if anything from my words seem that, I do apologize.

I never used that theme, but the following message made me thinking that the issue with the theme.

3. Tried a diff theme - works.

Also, in #4 you mentioned that they had problem and they fixed through an update. 9000+ sales doesn't confirm that there is not any issue with the theme, the popup plugin is downloaded 45,245 times so far and still we are getting issues, it happens.

I don't have the time to test or debug plugins

If you don't help us with debugging, it will be very difficult for us to escalate the main issue. When you will use plugins and themes from different vendors, there are possibilities to conflict. And in those cases, you need to do some simple debugging.

Anyway, your support access is not working for me. If you please send me your login details, I can try to find out the issue.

To send me details, please use our secure contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select: I have a different question
    Subject: Attn-Ash
    Details: Send all required details (admin info and/or ftp details) with a link of this thread, so that I can track.
    Also post a note here once you send the info.

I will be happy to take a look :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

• Ralph
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Works fine from here....

I have temporarily switched off security as B. is picked up by the servers as a threat.

Please try again, clearing cache, etc. I have asked our US guys, too - they can login - same as from the UK.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hey there @Ralph

I hope you are well today!

I just tried to visit your site to see if I can figure this out too, but I'm also getting a 404 when attempting to visit wp-admin (I'm in Canada, btw).

Have you changed the login URL?

I see you have WordFence installed (it blocked my 2nd attempt, lol). Do you also have iThemes Security perhaps?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Now I a getting this message:

ACCOUNT PENDING: Your account is currently not active. An administrator needs to activate your account before you can login.

Please send me the theme, I will check in my test site, even I may need to look at the code.

Please send the theme in email to contact@wpmudev.org with subject line "Attn-Ash" and a link of this thread.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Ralph

I have tested with the theme and plugins you sent and the popover is working fine in my test install.

In your site, I can see you only have one theme installed. Would you please install default 2012 theme too so that I can check with that theme? I don't want to install without your concern.

Also, in next attempt, can I deactivate all plugins to test?

Cheers
    Ash

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Ralph,

After digging into this more, it's actually the "cforms" plugin you've got installed on your site that's been giving you headaches (I tested this plugin on a dev site of mine, just to be sure, and got the same result you did).

From what I can tell, that plugin hasn't been updated in at least two years, and it doesn't look to be supported now (the forum's been unresponsive for months on end, from what I can tell at present).

I'd recommend looking into one of these alternatives, as Pop Up may not be the only thing that'll start to get broken by this plugin:

http://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/ (free)

http://www.gravityforms.com/ (premium)

Let me know if I can be of further assistance here. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.