The new Activity reports feedback

Ok so I ran an activity report last night from within "My Websites" I create these manually on a monthly or Bi-Monthly Basis for Clients but thought it may save some time and why not give it a whirl...

Heres my thoughts having sent the report to myself, for WPMU staff and others to feed into:
1. Firstly if this is going to a client the report front page needs a way for me to add my logo as well as theirs?
2. The time the report is generated needs to be removable or local and preferably both and or just the date, and NOT the time.
3. The Words "Activity Report for http://www.my-favourite-website.com" needs to be layed out better or it splits the Domain address and looks rubbish, I appreciate the idea but splitting the page in half for 1 logo and then half words is frankly a bit rubbish and needs redesigning to allow for my branding, customer logo and the report words..
4. Some customers may be frightened by seeing render blocking issues, we all know its hard to get this bit right, whilst i can turn off performance reporting I'd rather be able to drill down and switch off elements of the performance so they aren't frightened by it.. developer hell will ensue if numbty client wants a 100% score on all these areas.
5. My Branding in a header or footer would be great, I dont want this report taking to a competitor and I do want the client to remember who the report came from...

I hope thats helpful feedback, keep up the good work!
I'm a bit fan of WPMU :slight_smile:

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey David,

Hope you're doing well and thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

There are really some interesting suggestions here so I will forward it to our developers but I do have couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. Firstly if this is going to a client the report front page needs a way for me to add my logo as well as theirs?

Have you considered using two different reports so one has your clients logo and one yours, or merging the logos in one image and using that as the Reports logo?

4. Some customers may be frightened by seeing render blocking issues, we all know its hard to get this bit right, whilst i can turn off performance reporting I'd rather be able to drill down and switch off elements of the performance so they aren't frightened by it.. developer hell will ensue if numbty client wants a 100% score on all these areas.

I understand where you're coming from, but in my opinion it would be better explaining the client what's this about than hiding the information from them?

5. My Branding in a header or footer would be great, I dont want this report taking to a competitor and I do want the client to remember who the report came from...

Uploaded logo is shown in report header so I'm not sure what exactly you are referring to, could you elaborate a bit more?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• David

Morning,

1. If so please supply the recommended dimensions for the logo section in the report GUI in order that it can best be utilised (however the front page design remains poor for the other states reasons)
    4. Its a view for sure, maybe needs more feedback
    5. I refer you again to my point that I need my logo (web dev company) on the report and the clients, this is supposed to be a white label report that I can brand for my purposes and in my documents I always have my branding small but somewhere in the document and preferably on each page..

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi David,

The current logo width is fixed at the around 3rd of the left side of the document, but the height doesn't have such limitation so I guess the best way at the moment would be to use two logos one above the other.

5. I refer you again to my point that I need my logo (web dev company) on the report and the clients, this is supposed to be a white label report that I can brand for my purposes and in my documents I always have my branding small but somewhere in the document and preferably on each page..

I'm sorry but I'm not completely clear about this yet, the logo that you upload in the customization section is shown also in header of the each page of the document.
    Are you looking to have this handled differently or shown somewhere else instead?

With my previous response I created separate internal task for each of your requests so it's open for discussion for our management and dev teams

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Jack Lavender

I'm liking this capability, but what would be great is an ability to create my own format.

Here are some things I noticed in my first run at a "client" version:

1. I uploaded a logo. Since I was just testing, the one I grabbed was 512x512. It looks fine on the cover page, but DOMINATES every page. By that I mean that the top third of every page is the logo.
    2. There is an awful lot of white space. Some is good, but that goes to my first comment about being able to design my own.
    3. The formatting is bad. On the very first page, the name of the plug-in that was updated is, literally, right next to the date which is right next to the Version. The plug-in name is bold, so you can pick that out, but with dates and version numbers right next to each other, it's hard to see where one ends and the next begins.
    4. Pages don't break well.
    5. The font for page titles and site name are smaller than the rest of the text.

All that said, most of the problems (I see) are formatting-related.

Jack

• David

Ok so I went and looked at this again....

Still fundamentals being missed and things from my initial post still not in there..

1. The design is still awful for the front page!!! If the URL of the domain is longer than 1-2 letters it wraps looking dreadful on the page.
    2. Thanks for the ability to include my logo but please indicate the ideal size for the logo to be?? could be anything 100x500 300x 4 pixels who knows!!
    3. As I said previously the ability to have MY logo or email address (or any info I specify just like in a normal document) in the footer or header of each page would be useful AND the ability to have my customers logo (most WPMU users aren't the end customer right) on the front page would be good. Please please please don't let the logo dominate the top 5th of the pages, it's a business report not a design meeting about my logo!!!???
    4. Put the logo on left then to its right the words "activity report for..." or better still as I say let me stipulate what I want next to the logo, your words by default with my ability to override.
    5. The last thing the report asks me to do before generating it is "Give this report a" then a blue box and the word "finish" confusing for me even as a native English speaker, but shouldn't it say "Give this report a name" ???? separate "Finish" or better still put a sperate button saying "Generate Report"

Come on guys if this was a website I'd be slating it for bad sizing and structure, this is basic stuff, now take this job off "Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor" and number 1 super guy and give it to a developer (or preferably 2) who has some experience of dealing with Customers and having to provide reports.

No but seriously let's get it there :slight_smile:
    Thanks
    DJ

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.