The plugin does not have a valid header.

Hi there

I’ve been trying to install this plugin on my site but I keep getting the following error.

The plugin does not have a valid header.

I’m using the Genesis Theme Framework as well as Buddypress. However that being said I would assume that there is still a way to get this plugin working.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

In the plugin zip, there’s a folder named /contact-widget/. In that folder is another folder named /contact-form/.

What you’ll want to do is copy that second folder /contact-form/ over to your plugins folder so that it reads as follows.

wp-content/plugins/contact-form/

And ultimately, you’ll have the main plugin file residing at the following.

wp-content/plugins/contact-form/contact-form.php

Could you please confirm that’s the file and folder structure you’re seeing on your site?

• _4160
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

hello recent install the plugin but now after Install, have gone all my wordpress plugins the dash board i I get a message that says has-been deactivated due to an error: The plugin does not have any valid header . how I can fix this your help will be greatly appreciated thanks

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @_4160, I hope you’re well today!

This is a thread from 2011 and it is no longer relevant. Almost all of the code in WordPress and this plugin have changed since then.

Could you please create a new post instead of posting on older ones? This way we’ll be able to better assist you.

In the meantime I’ll just go ahead and close this one to all future comments. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.