The plugin was working fine, we were just getting things

The plugin was working fine, we were just getting things started with the site and took a break from pushing it out there. However, on returning to working back on the site, all the answers were gone on the front end. We can still see them in the answers section in the admin panel but they do not display on the site.

We are using a standard buddypress theme and everything else is working great. Just the answers have vanished from view.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Paul,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Its indeed strange as it should not be happening. I doubt it not being the theme which caused it however do you remember any changes you made ?

any plugin updates ?

Can you please give me a screenshot of the answer page from admin.

Secondly, just to make sure its not the theme/plugin conflict can you please check for a plugin conflict using the attached screenshot

Please advise.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• paul_younger
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi

Nothing has changed, it's almost like it hit a certain date or point in time and they stopped showing. I have tried disabling all plugins apart from Buddypress and Q&A and the problem is still there.

Not sure how to send a screenshot, but all the answers are there in the admin and show as "published".

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Paul,

I am gonna need to have a look at your site to see what is going on there.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

5: Your permission to disable other plugins, switch themes and test it for you.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Paul,

I tested everything but could not find a reason on why it could be happening.

I have sent a note to our lead developer @Arnold to seek his support on this issue.

He should be here sooner than later.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Can you explain what you're seeing? If I go to any Question that shows a 1 for the Answer count I see answers. You seem to have turned on Comments in there so the Comments field appears Before the Answers.

But I am seeing answers. Can you give me a question there that demonstrates the problem?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Paul,

By default the questions are sorted by modified.

I have changed it to be sorted by Date. However that is a core change and will be undone whenever there is a plugin update. So that you are aware, here is how to do it.

Navigate to

/public_html/wp-content/plugins/qa/core

Open core.php

Look for the code (line 326)

$wp_query->set( 'orderby', 'modified' );

and replace it with

$wp_query->set( 'orderby', 'post_date ASC' );

I have done it already so you should now see the latest questions on top.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.