The Q&A plugin is not integrating with the site in terms

The Q&A plugin is not integrating with the site in terms of the CSS styling. If you go to http://wavesheaf.org/questions/ask/ you will see that there is no styling applied on that specific page. I am using a Rockettheme Responsive template called Fresco. Please advise.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @wave_sheaf

I hope you are well today, sorry to see of the problem your having.

I have visited the page in question and can see that there is no CSS loaded at all. You also have an additional greater than > tag in your header on that page.

There’s a 404 error on your fusion.css file which looks like it’s part of the theme.

Can you re-download Q&A unzip the file, and compare all files in the download with the files on your server, this is too make sure something wasn’t wrong with the download, does it work like it should with the Twenty Twelve theme?

Thank you!

Kind Regards

Jack.

• wave_sheaf
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I’m not really sure what’s going on. The plugin works on the Twenty Twelve theme but when I switched it back to my preferred theme all of the css that I originally wrote for the site is gone, my logo is not showing, there is no top navigation and the sidebars are not showing even though all of the widgets for these different features are in there proper position. Not sure what direction to go in at this point.

• wave_sheaf
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Guys, is it possible to get back to an Elite customer quicker than three (3) days otherwise what is the benefit of being Elite. I am desperately attempting to get this plugin working on the site that I am customizing and three (3) days for a response is a bit too long.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @wave_sheaf

I hope you are well today, I apologize about the delay, this was not the lead developers fault, rather it was mine and I apologize for that, I thought I had flag this for him to take a look at but I hadn’t, which was my mistake.

I have know flagged it, So I’m sure @arnold will take a look as soon as possible.

Again sorry for the delay.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Jack.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Hi wave_sheaf,

I installed the rocket theme you uploaded above, but I don’t want to spend a lot of time learning this theme just to get it working. I’ve already spent an hour trying to get it working all by itself., I seem to be stuck in some tutorial mode which allows nothing but the tutorial to run. How do I get a plain clean install with no extraneous data in it, ready for a setup.

One potential problem I see already is that it uses something like 28 CSS files. There’s a limit in IE of around 32 CSS files on a page, so your close to the edge and most plugins will add more css.

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

Well I unzipped your zip which as you say is a full wordpress install. I hooked up a database. and installed it. When I go to the home page I get the image below. All the menu go to tutorials.

What I need is a blank install or how to blank this install. All this tutorial stuff is overriding even getting QA to run. If I go to /questions/ it takes me to a page about plugins. I can't spend time trying to figure out what it takes to get a simple install. I've already wasted an hour.

• wave_sheaf
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Arnold, I’m glad you responded. Based on your previous response I was about to cancel the membership. I do realize that Rockettheme templates can be confusing. The original template that you saw is for Developers that want to duplicate, exactly, the any theme that they have downloaded. I do have some custom CSS on the site which I will place below. I am also speaking with the Rockettheme people as they are attempting to help me get the plugin working as well. I will inform them of what you asked, go into the themes Maintenance Mode, for debugging purposes and get back to you.

I had a previous Q&A WordPress plugin installed on the site called “Answer My Question” and somehow I believe that something from there is interacting with the current Q&A plugin although it seems to be completely deleted.

Here is the custom css that I have on the site:

/*

Welcome to Custom CSS!

CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) is a kind of code that tells the browser how

to render a web page. You may delete these comments and get started with

your customizations.

By default, your stylesheet will be loaded after the theme stylesheets,

which means that your rules can take precedence and override the theme CSS

rules. Just write here what you want to change, you don’t need to copy all

your theme’s stylesheet content.

*/

body {

background: #182428!important;

}

.rt-image {

box-shadow: 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.0);

max-width: 100%;

}

#rt-top .module-surround {

background-color: transparent!important;

box-shadow: none!important;

text-shadow: none!important;

}

.lbsTooltip {

background: #fffade;

border: 1px solid gray;

z-index: 99;

text-align: left;

text-indent: 0;

letter-spacing: normal;

}

.lbsTooltip div {

text-align: left;

}

.lbsTooltipHeader {

background: #fff4b8;

color: black;

font-weight: bold;

font-size: 15px;

line-height: 18px;

font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif;

margin: 0;

padding: 4px;

position: relative;

border: 0;

}

.lbsTooltipBody {

padding: 4px 8px 0;

z-index: 2;

line-height: 16px;

}

.lbsTooltipBody p, .lbsTooltipBody span {

display: inline;

color: black;

font-family: Arial, Helvetica, serif;

font-size: 14px;

line-height: 16px;

}

.lbsTooltipFooter {

font-size: 11px;

font-family: Helvetica, Arial, serif;

bottom: 4px;

margin-top: 4px;

position: absolute;

text-align: right;

}

.lbsTooltipFooter a:link, .lbsTooltipFooter a:visited, .lbsTooltipFooter a:hover {

color: blue;

text-decoration: underline;

font-weight: normal;

font-size: 11px;

font-family: Helvetica, Arial, serif;

}

.lbsTooltipFooter div {

text-align: right;

}

.lbsTooltipBody .ch-ref, .lbsTooltipBody .verse-ref {

font-size: 85%;

top: -1px;

}

.lbsTooltipBody .ch-ref {

font-weight: bold;

}

.lbsTooltipBody .verse-ref {

color: dimgray;

}

.lbsTooltip, .lbsTooltipBody span, .lbsTooltip a, .lbsTooltipBody p {

padding: 0;

}

.lbsLibronix img {

float: none!important;

}

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @wave_sheaf

I hope you are well today, we really appreciate your patience on this.

As it stands when Arnold does a clean install it is working, when I do a clean install it’s only worked once and failed 3 times, one of those times it failed, I managed to get it to show by changing the page layout in the Questions > settings to the last option with no sidebar, yet on another install of mine it’s working with a sidebar, so that can be the root cause of the issue.

Again thanks for your patience, hopefully we’ll have more details for you soon.

Kind Regards

Jack.

• wave_sheaf
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I just contacted Shazdeh one of the Elite Rocketter’s and we are discussing this issue. I have asked him for his contact info. They respond pretty quickly so I will be back to you soon. Thanks for your persistence with this issue.

• wave_sheaf
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

This problem is solved. Shazdeh, over at Rockettheme.com, found the problem and suggested that I update the Fresco template to version 1.1, which I did and create an empty document called sidebar.php, which I did and it is working fine at the moment. Thanks for your help.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.