The reports does not match analytics in the dashboard

I have recieved a report this morning from one of my website and the analytics bit seems to have switched off.

It seems there are problems with analytics on other websites too. I have started only in the last month to use the report section.

I hope it will really help my business to be more professional and give a better quality service to my customers.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Will

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

There were two screenshots attached to the chat: one showing analytics from Google Analytics from your site’s Dashboard and one showing analytics from the report. They are indeed different but they are also different stats. The stats in reports are not coming from your Google Analytics plugin or account but they are stats provided by as via The Hub.

You should see these stats in your dashboard as well a bit lower on the page (in “Analytics” box – currently it shows that there was an issue pulling data; please wait a while and try pulling them again as there was a small unexpected temporary glitch on our end that our sys-admins are handling).

The are and will be different to Google Analytics as they are created in a different way. They are both valid but they are showing just a bit different measurements. We anonymize user IPs, respect “Do Not Track” mechanism and the way stats are created differs from GA. It’s a similar solution to the one used by WPEngine and they explain it nicely here:

https://wpengine.com/support/count-visits/

That said, Google Analytics stats will be possible to include in Reports in future, provided that you are using our Google Analytics+ plugin (but not a 3rd-party plugin), but that’s something about to happen in future. You’ll be able to choose whether to show our internal stats (as they are used currently) or Google Analytics stats so that will let you avoid such inconsistency in case you’d be using GA.

If you have any additional questions, let me know, please.

Kind regards,

Adam

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there Will

Hope you’re doing well and don’t mind me chip in here!

This is already reported to our developers and it’s about the WPMUDEV Dashboard analytics.

Me or another colleague of mine will keep you posted here as soon as we’ve got some development on this. :slight_smile:

Thank you,

Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.