The reset theme button not resetting the theme

I reset the Spirit theme on my website, but it didn't reset to the default that was there when I first installed it, the sample site.

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Pamela-

This generally means, that you may have been using upfront builder to modify the current theme, and this overwrites core theme files. So if you were to reset the theme, you would just get the changes you made in upfront builder instead of the default Spirit theme.

To add some clarification. Upfront editor, edits the theme and those customization's are stored in the database. Whereas upfront builder edits core theme files that override default files, therefore when you reset the theme, you are likely only going to be able to see the most recent changes made to the core theme files. Instead of it fully defaulting to the default Spirit theme when you choose to reset theme.

I have made a screencast in the past, helping educate our members on the difference between upfront and upfront builder, as they are complete separate entities. See screencast below:

https://www.screencast.com/t/fVXyHn3Urb0

One way you could remove the theme, is by going into your FTP access. Finding your root directory where your core wordpress installation resides, find wp-content/themes/uf-spirit and delete the theme. Then go back into your wordpress dashbaord, find your dashboard WPMU DEV > Themes and re-install spirit to start over with the default theme.

Let me know if this helps!

Take Care,

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

• Ken Kimbrell

Hello Pamela-

Could you please grant us temporary support access to your website so we can have a better look of your setup and settings? You can grant us access via WPMUDEV Dashboard plugin, there's no need to share credentials. Here's our detailed documentation page about it:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-4

We'll wait for your confirmation reply here, as we don't get any notification when a member is granting us support access. We could then dig in and further investigate this!

Thank you for being the best part of WPMU DEV, and I hope you have a wonderful day :slight_smile:

Ken - WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.