The subscriptions form is not showing correctly.

I have 3 levels besides visitor. free, member and artist.
When I am a free member and I view the subscriptions page, I see that I have the free subscription, and options to upgrade to artist or member, but no actually link to upgrade, just the text.
When I am a member and I view the subscriptions page, I see that I have a free subscription and member, but no mention that I can upgrade to artist, and vica versa if I have the artist subscription and not the member one.
If I have both member and artist subscriptions, I get a long mess of a page with all sorts of options that make no sense.

I have three images, one for each scenario. I can't see how to insert them here so here's links to them instead:
http://squattingpanda.com/free%20member.jpg
http://squattingpanda.com/member%20subscription.jpg
http://squattingpanda.com/all%20plans.jpg

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

In:

Admin --> Members -- > All Members

What gateway are they on?

Is it the Admin Gateway?

Move them over to your subscription one like Paypal or whichever you use. They will be able to upgrade and downgrade then.

The admin gateway is when you manually give them a subscription.

Another factor here is:

Admin --> Membership --> Options --> Extras [TAB]

Membership Upgrades is something to consider as well.

Take care.

• andrew_browne
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

the paid members are using the 2CO gateway. the extras tab has membership renewals and upgrades. Changing these has no effect. I have my membership upgrades set to one, these members im testing registered a few days back.

For free members, they sign up with the admin gateway, do I have to manually move them over each time or else they won't see the upgrade options?
    I have moved one over, and it says upgrade not available, is this because moving them counts as an upgrade and I have to wait the one full day specified in the membership upgrades options to see if it worked?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

For free members, they sign up with the admin gateway, do I have to manually move them over each time or else they won't see the upgrade options?

How are they signing up with the admin gateway?

The free subscription should still use the 2CO gateway, basically the plugin sees 0 for the payment amount and then lets them signup without going to 2CO.

It's done like this so they can upgrade otherwise if they're on another gateway they wouldn't have the option.

Moving from one to another will count as a change.

You could also check in:

Admin --> Membership --> Options --> Advanced [TAB]

You can then verify and repair the DB if needed.

Take care.

• andrew_browne
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

How are they signing up with the admin gateway?

The free subscription should still use the 2CO gateway, basically the plugin sees 0 for the payment amount and then lets them signup without going to 2CO

when I set the paid membership to require no money it works like this. However The free membership (as selected in membership->options->general) brings me to the page i have in the screenshot, saying I am a free member, do i wanna upgrade to paid. at this point i can see in the admin (opened in a different browser) this free user as having the admin gateway. At this point i navigate away without having to click the 2CO button, why would i when i want to remain a free member.

• andrew_browne
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I deselected the free membership in the membership->options->general area, and now it gets you to click the 2CO button, and the admin registers the new user as having the 2CO gateway. but after im registered and click the subscriptions tab, there's still no sign of any option to upgrade. Do I have to wait a day before I can? If so thats terrible, there should at least be a warning to explain this to the user.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

However The free membership (as selected in membership->options->general) brings me to the page i have in the screenshot, saying I am a free member, do i wanna upgrade to paid. at this point i can see in the admin (opened in a different browser) this free user as having the admin gateway.

I see what ya mean, let ping our developer on this one.

Thanks.

• andrew_browne
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

At this point I have to consider using a different plugin. I've spent a lot of time on this one and I'm having problems with the simplest things. I dunno what your policy is on refunds but I'm feeling pretty sore about the whole thing. Probably the most annoying feature is the forced delay of one day before you can upgrade, makes debugging that painful.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Nope, free members still being signed up with the admin gateway.

I thought you wrote on an earlier post that free members where now being registered on the 2CO Gateway?

and now it gets you to click the 2CO button, and the admin registers the new user as having the 2CO gateway

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Cheers!
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.