The support plugin doesn't show up on user websites

I installed the Support System plugin but the "support" menu item doesn't show up on websites created under my multisite installation. I can view the plugin options in the network admin backend and I can add support categories/FAQ questions.

The user sites are set up with an account that has administration level privileges.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dallas_bass,

Welcome to WPMU DEV!

Sorry to see that you are having a bit of trouble with your WordPress installation and the Support System plugin.

Have you indeed configured any categories - at least one for submitting tickets and one for FAQ's?

And it is still not showing as shown in my screen shot below?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dallas_bass,

Thank you for your additional input and sorry for the delay.

As an FYI and not a criticism but an effort understanding the ticket system so that we can work more effectively together - the ticket system puts on the support staff screen tickets in an aging order and every reply to a ticket changes the aging of that ticket.

So if one bumps there own ticket or anyone answers it (i.e. replies) changes it aging to current and does not show for us to reply to it.

Now with that out of the way do you have the menu I have shown a screen shot of?

That is the front end sub site screen of course.

The other screen where the FAQS are created is in the network admin dashboard.

What am I missing here sir? Do you have both support menu's one in the network admin dashboard for managing the support system and one in the front end of every sub site on the main domain?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• dallas_bass
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Joe thanks for the explanation of the support system. I do have access to the support menu in the network admin dashboard. The problem is, the support menu does not show up in the sub sites when an admin is logged into the actual sub site.

For example, if I create a new sub site and a new user with admin privileges to go with that sub site, the user is not able to view the support menu items.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings dallas_bass,

Thank you for the clarification which is greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately I cannot replicate this behavior and I triple checked.

You are sure you are using a clean browser to test and that the user log in into the sub site is indeed listed as admin? And this is a sub site of the main domain for your installation or?

And you have this network activated in the network admin menu?

If none of the aforementioned items proves to be the issue, it is time to go into full blown trouble shooting mode because it appears there may be some conflict there and one way to find out conclusively.

Standard plugin trouble shooting protocol - first to switch to the Twenty Eleven theme just long enough to check for the problem - if the problem still exists next involves deactivating all plugins except the plugin in question and then see if the issue still exists.

If it does not, then you want to activate plugins one at a time testing in between to see if the issue returns. Even when you find one plugin, it may be in your interest to deactivate the problem plugin and continue testing the rest of the plugins to insure no others are also conflicting.

You will know the conflict when the issue returns and which plugin(s) you activated that cause the issue.

Please advise if there are any plugin conflicts and if so what the plugins are that are conflicting.

Cheers, Joe

• Mike
    • New Recruit

Hiya, we haven't heard from you in a while so I just wanted to check in and see how things are going here?

If you still need some assistance then by all means just reopen the thread or create another one for any new and related issues.

Cheers.
    Mike

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.