The translation file is not full

Hello.

We have put a lot of effort into translating the translation file with PoEdit, the one in the CoursePress plugin language folder, and at the end we see that not everything is included there. Some english text still remains on few places and we cannot use the plugin this way. For example the descriptions for the new settings added in the recent version, located at admin.php?page=coursepress-pro_settings&tab=general or another example are the two checkboxes at the Units page: User needs to… and the other User also needs to…

Another place is all the emails in the email settings, they still are sent in English. Can these things be fixed?

Regards.

• toneratdo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi, got the same problem for german and french translations. Is this linked to the translation file ? Or to the plugin itself? Maybe we can get some advice how to act.

For exemple, it seems to me that ” * Mandatory ” at the end of mandatory questions is not contained in the theme translation file.

Thank you

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @toneratdo & @todor,

Welcome to wpmudev.

Could you possibly provide a list of words that are not being translated properly & I will get these checked over by the developers to be included in the plugin, This plugin is actually very new and is under very active development as you can tell with all the frequent updates.

But if you could provide a list of any translations that we seem to have missed, I will make sure they are included in an upcoming release.

Hope this helps

• toneratdo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I understand, here’s a list with words that seems to be a little bit reluctant to translation:

In the unit :

-Choose file – label

-no file selected

-Save Progress & Exit

-*Mandatory

– File successfully uploaded.

On the project description page:

-You Enrolled on

-Conditions: a passcode is required to enroll.

-Language:

-Price:

Units overview/summary page:

/units/

-This entry was posted in .Bookmark the permalink.

-0 of 1 mandatory elements completed.

/courses-dashboard/

-Continue Learning

-You Enrolled on

-Conditions: a passcode is required to enroll.

-Language:

-Price:

• todor
    • The Incredible Code Injector

The ones I have seen are:

– Enrollment Process Page

– Select page where you have ****************** shortcode or any other set of shortcodes. Please note that slug for the page set above will not be used if “Use virtual page” is not selected.

(There are several of these, and there is different thing in the place of the *****)

– Use virtual page

– Login Slug

– Login Page

– Sign Up Slug

– Sign Up Page

– Student Dashboard Slug

– Student Dashboard Page

– Student Settings Page

– Instructor Profile Slug

– Redirect students to their Dashboard upon login via wp-login form

– Redirect after login

– WP Login Redirection

– User needs to answer all mandatory assessments and view all pages in order to access the next unit

– User also needs to pass all mandatory assessments

– Duplicate Course

ALSO the body of ALL the emails in here: wp-admin/admin.php?page=coursepress-pro_settings&tab=email

The months and letters for the days of the week in the course calendar widget

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi there,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

I could confirm some of the text from your list is missing from the default POT file and some text need to update their PHP file line numbers.

We have already notified the developer to update it and it will be updated shortly.

In the meanwhile you can create a pot file as described on the following pages.

http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Skippy/Creating_POT_Files

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/localize-a-wordpress-plugin-and-make-it-translation-ready/

Thanks,

Vinod Dalvi

• toneratdo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you, here’s something important for translation because it’s every time there when students connect :

Countinue Learning => it’s already translated but not working yet

I think probably because there’s a little error in “Countinue” it should be “Continue”.

The mandatory information is also very visible and translation is not working :

* Mandatory

0 of 1 mandatory elements completed.

Other very visible translation problems:

Course Dates:

You Enrolled on:

Price:

YOUR CURRENT COURSES:

COURSES YOU MANAGE:

It’s very important because i work with students don’t speaking english at all.

Thank you for your help !

I didn’t update yet to the last version so some of these issues may be already treated !

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @toneratdo,

Thank you, here’s something important for translation because it’s every time there when students connect :

Countinue Learning => it’s already translated but not working yet

I think probably because there’s a little error in “Countinue” it should be “Continue”.

I have checked it on my site using latest version of coursepress plugin and found the text is correct as “Continue Learning” in the plugin file cp-default.pot as following.

#: includes/classes/class.shortcodes.php:1105
    msgid "Continue Learning"
    msgstr ""

Also the text “Course Dates:” is in the pot file.

Make sure you are using latest version of coursepress plugin.

We have notified the plugin developer about this so he will check all other text string and make necessary changes wherever required.

Thanks,

Vinod Dalvi

• toneratdo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thank you very much Marko and Vino for your help. I just installed the last version of the plugin and it doesn’t really change.

I am using this page for french translation :

https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/cp/fr/default

and then i download the pot .mo files. When you filter Countinue you will find Countinue in the original string that’s why i thought maybe this is the reason for the error.

Thank you in advance to @Rheinard for having a closer look. I am not a developer so my understanding on this issue is very limited.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @toneratdo,

I just installed the last version of the plugin and it doesn’t really change.

We are still working on this issue and will update you about it shortly.

I am using this page for french translation :

https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/cp/fr/default

and then i download the pot .mo files. When you filter Countinue you will find Countinue in the original string that’s why i thought maybe this is the reason for the error.

I don’t find the “Countinue” word in the plugin code but yes i find it in the plugin translation project on the following URL

https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/cp/fr/default?filters%5Bstatus%5D=either&filters%5Boriginal_id%5D=33415&sort%5Bby%5D=translation_date_added&sort%5Bhow%5D=asc

It seems the CoursePress plugin translation project needs to update strings. I hope @Rheinard will also update it.

Thanks,

Vinod Dalvi

• todor

Hi.

I see that you are releasing new versions pretty quick :slight_smile:.

I just want to remind you that the text for all new features you are adding also needs to be included in the translation file.

For example I saw you added the font options for reports.

So what I mean is that the list we provided earlier is no longer complete :slight_smile:.

Regards.

• todor

Hi.

I saw the new translation file :slight_smile:.

Thank you for all the work.

I think you have made the main translation file to include everything from marketpress though.

Is this intentional? Could you make them separate like before?

Only if you decide it is better of course.

I think it will be better because it gives us the option to translate only one of them (basically half the work) if we are not going to use paid courses (like I intent to do). Currently I don’t know which ones are from marketpress so I can skip them.

Please consider this. Thanks.

Regards.

• todor

Now I see that these are still not in the file:

– Use virtual page

– The body of ALL the emails in here: wp-admin/admin.php?page=coursepress-pro_settings&tab=email

– The months and letters for the days of the week in the course calendar widget

It would be awesome to fix these too, and also the thing I said in my previous post :slight_smile:

• todor

Hello.

I see that you separated the pot file for coursepress and marketpress like I asked earlier. Thank you.

I guess you are still working on the other things I mentioned. By the way, about one of them, I found exactly how it can be fixed. About the email bodies in the settings not being translated, I saw that in the coursepress/includes/functions.php file you have missed the second parameter ‘cp’ in the __() function inside these 5 functions:

coursepress_get_enrollment_content_email()

coursepress_get_mp_order_content_email()

coursepress_get_registration_content_email()

coursepress_get_invitation_content_email()

coursepress_get_invitation_content_passcode_email()

Adding it will fix this problem.

Regards.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @todor,

Thank you for notifying us about it.

About the email bodies in the settings not being translated, I saw that in the coursepress/includes/functions.php file you have missed the second parameter ‘cp’ in the __() function inside these 5 functions:

I could confirm this on my test site and notified the plugin developer about it so that it can be fixed.

It will be fixed shortly.

Your help here is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinod Dalvi

• todor

Hi guys.

I see that you have added the ‘cp’ to the functions I mentioned earlier.

Unfortunatelly it seems that there is yet another issue with some of the same functions.

Adding the ‘cp’ argument did fix the problem for these two:

coursepress_get_registration_content_email()

cp_get_instructor_invitation_email()

but these three have one more problem and they still do not translate:

coursepress_get_invitation_content_passcode_email()

coursepress_get_invitation_content_email()

coursepress_get_enrollment_content_email()

I noticed that the three that do not work have something in common. They all have double quotes somewhere in the first argument of the first __() function. And the two that do work, don’t have any double quotes in there.

This could be somehow related to the problem. Only removing the double quotes did not resolve the problem though. I suspect you have to first remove them and then rescan the files to create a new .POT file, so the text in there does not have double quotes as well.

Could be something else too, but this is my theory :slight_smile:.

Regards.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @todor,

This is the following translatable string in the function coursepress_get_invitation_content_passcode_email on line number 647 in the functions.php file of coursepress

'Hi %1$s,

we would like to invite you to participate in the course: "%2$s"

Since the course is only for selected ones, it is passcode protected. Here is the passcode for you: %6$s

What is all about:
    %3$s

Check this page for more info on the course: %4$s

If you have any question feel free to contact us.

Yours sincerely,
    %5$s Team'

Here’s the following how the string is added in the cp-default.pot file.

"Hi %1$s,n"
    "n"
    "we would like to invite you to participate in the course: "%2$s"n"
    "n"
    "Since the course is only for selected ones, it is passcode protected. Here "
    "is the passcode for you: %6$sn"
    "n"
    "What is all about: n"
    "%3$sn"
    "n"
    "Check this page for more info on the course: %4$sn"
    "n"
    "If you have any question feel free to contact us.n"
    "n"
    "Yours sincerely,n"
    "%5$s Team"

Could you please share me your translated string for the same so that we can test it?

Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• todor

Also here are some other things that does not translate.

This is not related to the email text not translating, these are other stuff.

– In coursepress.php see from line 3250 to 3258 (in version 1.2.2.9)

– Also the word “None” in the dropdown menu on the Course Categories page

– Also on the same page the words “Description” and “Apply”

• Marko Miljus

Hi @todor,

– In coursepress.php see from line 3250 to 3258 (in version 1.2.2.9)

I’ve prepared these for translation

– Also the word “None” in the dropdown menu on the Course Categories page

– Also on the same page the words “Description” and “Apply”

– these falls down to WP translation I think. As I can see only labels available when registering a taxonomy are here http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_taxonomy

I’ll upload next version soon.

Cheers,

Marko

• todor

Hi.

Let me just quickly open up this thread again by adding one more missing translation :slight_smile:

/wp-content/plugins/coursepress/includes/admin-pages/courses.php

line 426 is like this:

<input type=”submit” name=”” class=”button action” value=”Apply”>

has to be like this:

<input type=”submit” name=”” class=”button action” value=”<?php _e( ‘Apply’, ‘cp’ ); ?>”>

Regards.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.