The WPMU DEV Dashboard

• herman_garner
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm sorry about this topic. I don't think your dashboard plugin gave me a virus. However I am frustrated that I am not able to remove it. Why did you design it that way? In any event, please give me the removal instructions on how to remove it. And explain it to me like I am in the first grade.

Thank you in advance for you help.

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

As your title is completely off topic and misleading, I have gone ahead and edited it. I assure you, such a title will do nothing to speed up our response time as we tackle topics in order of them being received.

In order to remove the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin all you need to do is go to your plugin page, find it in the list of plugins, and click deactivate. If you want it completely gone, then click the delete link after deactivating it.

I hope that helps! If you need any further clarification, or if I did not properly answer your question, please don't hesitate to ask.

• elpino
    • The Crimson Coder

greeting herman_garner and welcome to the WPMU forums,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you were having. Brian is spot on how to remove the plugin, but if you want to remove the plugin cause you think others might see it, be assure that only your user can see it, your clients wont be able to see the dashboard plugin, this a great time saving for updating all your sites you have with wpmu plugins, you don't have to be manually downloading from here and uploading manually to the sites being updated. if you want to remove the nag to install the dashboard.

You can remove it from the coding itself or possibly try this plugin:
    http://www.protospace.com/wpmu-no-nag-plugin/

However, not installing the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin is your loss but also your choice.

Consider the following points from another member:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/disable-nag-message#post-307827

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Regards
    Alex

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.