Theme and plugin ideas

Hi there

I am busy planning a website and I am stumped on what theme to use or buy.

I want to build a community with a magazine style theme. Must have membership options as it will be free to join but paid to view layered content.

It will have multiple categories and over a 1000 videos on it. I want users to be able to write their own blogs if they choose to but not force them.

The site must have a directory and google maps. Linked to social network sites

Is their an app/plugin where users can export their plans to a calendar of some sort to give them updates on their mobiles?

Also we will include and online shop

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• aristath

Hello there @JChamp, I hope you're well today!

You sure want to do a lot of things! Luckily for you, you're in the right place as we have plugins and themes that will cover most of the things that you want to do!

I want to build a community with a magazine style theme

Take a look at the BuddyPress Daily theme. Combine it with BuddyPress and you'll have both a community and an excellent theme!

Must have membership options as it will be free to join but paid to view layered content.

The Membership plugin can take care of that!

It will have multiple categories and over a 1000 videos on it. I want users to be able to write their own blogs if they choose to but not force them.

Using the Membership plugin you can allow paying members or all members to be able to post articles etc on your site!

The site must have a directory and google maps. Linked to social network sites

You can use the Directory plugin to create your directories. For Google Maps you can use our WordPress Google Maps plugin. As for social integration I would recommend the Social Marketing plugin which will also give your users the incentive to share posts etc.

Also we will include an online shop

Then look no further as the MarketPress plugin is all you'll ever need!

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.