Theme crashing site

Howdy

EnjoyTravel.world is a multi-site install. One of the sub-sites is EnjoyScotland.Travel, and I am trying to install this theme there:

https://themeforest.net/item/mag-full-featured-wordpress-magazine/20463212

After doing so it white screen crashes the site.

Can you see what's going on? I have enabled support access.

thanks! Neil.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Neil McEvoy

Showing a white screen means there is an error generated. We need to check the debug file to see the errors.

Would you please enable debug mode and check if there is any error? To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Now try to install the theme again. That will create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Neil McEvoy

I found the error:

WordPress database error Table 'wordpress.wp_essb3_click_stats' doesn't exist

Do you know which plugin is working with that table? It might be from the theme too if the theme name is “jannah”. If so, then please contact the theme developer, they will give you the code to install that table manually.

Let me know how it goes. Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Neil McEvoy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Ah I see. Ok so the only thing I need to do is switch the theme for that site away from Jannah. I now have no plans to use it, so if it is the cause of the problem that’s the quick remedy.

I can’t access the site, is this something you could do? any working theme so I can get back in would be fine, thanks!

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Neil McEvoy If you can’t access the site, then use cPanel file manager or FTP, go to wp-content > themes > and rename jannah theme to something else. Then go to your site admin and you should be able to access by then :slight_smile: You need to enable a new theme to view the site in front end.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

In this site, the error is coming from eltd-listing plugin. Go to wp-content/plugins and rename eltd-listing folder to something else. That will disable the plugin and you should be good to go :slight_smile:

Then, please contact the plugin author and mention the error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function findme_elated_options() in /var/www/html/wp-content/plugins/eltd-listing/maps/map-functions.php:39

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more questions if you have any.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.