Theme Customization : Studio

I went thru a couple of themes trying to customize the color and background image to no success. I know i have to have the themes on the default preset yet i am still not having any luck... is there a manual for each theme? I was under the impression that there was based on the verbiage of the site. if so where is it located or how do i get help on using individual themes?

aecnu

Greetings mkim2203,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

I went thru a couple of themes trying to customize the color and background image to no success. I know i have to have the themes on the default preset yet i am still not having any luck... is there a manual for each theme?

Other then the instructions offered in the usage tab of each plugin or theme, there are only a few items with detailed manuals or instructions other then the usage tabs.

how do i get help on using individual themes?

By submitting a ticket you have indeed found the way to get help with any plugin or theme within WPMU Dev whether or not the plugin or theme comes with a manual or not.

Concerning the Studio theme as well as several of the themes here on WPMU Dev, the first thing you want to do would be to make sure that you have the theme uploaded in the parent/child configuration which is explained here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/front-page-blogs-picture-and-text-not-visible-only-subject-is-visible#post-217131

Once the above theme structure is complete upload the
    /themes/studio/_inc/css/ css style sheets to the child theme into the /wp-content/themes/studio-child/_inc/css/ folder, basically a copy of them.

Depending on your desired changes these are the files you modify as you see fit to include the background color and image within the css file.

Being placed in the child theme folder as described above prevents your custom files from being overwritten in the event of a theme update.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe