Theme doesn't get locked after downgrading Pro Plan

Hi there!

We have Pro Sites and Theme Manager installed, and we just realized, when an account downgrades it’s plan, theme settings are kept the same.

In this case, we offer our best plan 60 day trial, so people have to pay to continue using or change to the free plan (we are not using the standard free site, we created a plan of 0$/month.)

We seen that people who downgrade to the free plan are still able to use one of our premium themes (as configured on theme manager).

Can you confirm is this is a miss configured setting or its something the plugin doesn’t handle?

How can I force downgrades to update theme and change if there are not enough privilegies?

Thanks for your help!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Urbano,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I can’t see its integration with Pro Sites plugin directly. So could you please enable support staff access so I can take a closer look.

To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Access or see this manual.

I will also create a new level and try to configure it in the same fashion as you do, to replicate this issue.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Urbano
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello there Sajid, nice to hear from you.

After a few months of developing, we are back to this project. Hopefully we will be able to finish it this month. but need some help to fix some final problems.

I can’t see its integration with Pro Sites plugin directly. So could you please enable support staff access so I can take a closer look.

Since we are having some problems configuring multiple themes, at this moment we only have 1 theme active and it’s allowed for every plan. I’m afraid you will not be able too see this on our website now. I can give you support access anyway.

Can you confirm if Theme Manager is intended to block themes on downgrade of Pro Sites? Thanks.

I will also create a new level and try to configure it in the same fashion as you do, to replicate this issue.

We had to create a Pro Plan with 0€ cost, because on free plans we are unable to limits posts, disk space, and plugins/theme for example. Our first intention was to use the free option, but unfortunately didn’t work as we expected.

Thanks for your attention, keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Urbano,

Can you confirm if Theme Manager is intended to block themes on downgrade of Pro Sites? Thanks.

As mentioned above, Multisite Theme Manager does not have direct integration with Pro Sites plugin.

However, as mentioned in the project detail page, it works in collaboration with Pro Sites plugin. You can sell your beautiful themes with Premium Themes module of Pro Sites.

To give access a specific or multiple themes in a level and lock it down once the user downgrade. You need to use Premium Themes module that can be enabled from Pro Sites -> Modules.

Once you will have this enabled you will see a new menu with label Premium Themes under Pro Sites main menu. Here you can select the minimum level in which a user may have access to these themes (see screenshot).

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Urbano
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi there Sajid,

I’m using both Premium Themes module as you mentioned + Theme Manager. When someone downgrade Pro-Site plan, the Theme keeps the same and doesn’t get “validated”.

Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks again for your patience on this. FYI Support Access is active.

Keep up the good work!

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Urbano,

Yes, I could replicate this issue on my own site too. It does not lock the premium theme when downgrade the level.

I am not sure its a bug or its by design. To confirm I pinged the developer of this plugin to get his invaluable feedback on this matter. Once I will heard back from him, I will post a reply here as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Urbano,

I am sorry but I have not heard back from the developer yet. Please bear in my mind that developers have other responsibilities too and these days their are really busy in new plugins development and updates.

However, I have pinged him again, as soon as I will hear something back from the developer I will post a reply here.

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Urbano,

I heard back from the developer and he confirmed that its a bug and it should be deactivated automatically on downgrading the level.

I am creating a bug report for the developer so it could be patched up in the upcoming version of this plugin. I am sorry but I am unable to provide an ETA of when this will be fixed. Please keep an eye on this thread for updates.

Thanks for your patience and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello m33 , I trust you are doing well today!

Unfortunately, this issue isn’t solved yet. I’ve pinged the developer about it. If it the hotfix will be out before the official plugin’s update, I will post it right here.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.