theme editing

what is the easiest way to customize this theme completely to my needs, and which is the best base theme to do that on my webstore?

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hiya @josthkko

Welcome to the forums!

Great questions! Let’s get some answers…

The FrameMarket theme comes with its own child-theme called GridMarket. That’s the theme you should activate on your site. For more, see under the “Usage” tab on the FrameMarket page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/frame-market-theme/

Once you have uploaded both FrameMarket (the parent) and GridMarket (the child) and have activated the child, you can start customizing the child with no risk of losing your work when you update the FrameMarket parent theme.

As to customizing it to your needs, that would depend entirely on what those needs are. Can you give a few details?

• josthkko
    • Flash Drive

i would like to move the menu on top, and add a huge rotating banner underneath, like

http://www.asos.com

i would probably need some plugin for that banner, right?

for moving the menu, i just move the navigation_wrapper div to the top or somewhere.

For editing the css, do i edit only custom.css or grid.css too?

sorry, but it’s my first time editing a wordpress theme.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi again @josthkko

For the banner, yes you would need a plugin for that.

Only add your custom CSS rules to custom.css.

The menu can also be repositioned via CSS. To move it to the top, and adjust the header margin to make room, add the following to custom.css:

#navigation-wrapper {
    position:absolute;
    top:0;
    width:100%;
    }
    #header-wrapper {
    margin-top:42px;
    }

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

I love being a member, so far the experience has been great!

You’re welcome!

I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as resolved. If you still need more help on this, simply re-open the thread by ticking the Mark as Not Resolved (re-open) box below.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.