Theme filter?

We are testing this week with users and many are asking for a theme filter because we offer alot of themes for them to choose from.

I found a few threads here but nothing concrete but seems like several people have shown a need for this. Am I missing seeing the plugin?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya momsnet,

I don't know of any solution allowing for a filtering inside the WordPress Multi-site install.

My general approach is to provide fewer themes that I can manage and keep up to date and have loads of options for user customization over providing hundreds of themes that I haven't had a chance to look at in any detail. This also means there aren't pages of themes for a person to scroll through when creating their site.

I do use this plugin, which allows me to more easily display all themes on one page:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/rollover-themes-list/

It's really nice and has some extra configs in the PHP file.

Anybody else have a solution they use? Feel free to chime in!

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Could have sworn we were promised this as part of the merging of mu into the regular code base. I seem to recall a few mentions of this. I wonder whatever happened to it. Was one of the reasons why they started requiring themes to have tags in their style.css file.

• wpcdn
    • Syntax Hero

3.1 seems to have filters, but apparently just using the WordPress pre-populated filter list. I've been looking for an upgrade-safe way to modify that list.

I love the Rollover Themes List plugin mentioned above, but it messes with the Apperance menu structure and breaks a caching function we use. :slight_frown:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.