Theme headers aren`t working on back end

I can`t switch between slider, feature footer, etc.
Please help.

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi @livecosmo

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community and thank you for being a member!

Can you please provide me with a bit more details? When you say you can't switch between the slider, feature and footer, are you referring to the WordPress Admin Panel?

I've attached a screenshot. Please let me know if this is what you're talking about.

Have a good day and look forward to your feedback.

GinaB

• livecosmo
    • New Recruit

Yes that's exactly what I'm talking about.
    They used to work just fine, but now they don't switch viewing panes at all

The top url changes as well (below)
    http://www.xxxxxxxxx.net/wp-admin/themes.php?page=functions.php#branding
    http://www.xxxxxxxxxxx.net/wp-admin/themes.php?page=functions.php#header

But the when you press Branding or Header, etc. it remains on Scripts.

I tried this also in different browsers.
    Also, made sure my account was up to date
    Also, updated the most recent release of the theme.

nada

Thanks in advance!

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@livecosmo

Did you perhaps install any plugins recently? Could you deactivate those plugins to see if any of them are causing a conflict with the Studio Theme, please?

If that doesn't work, I would really suggest that you delete the theme folder (with contents) from your site's root directory » public_html » wp-content » themes via an FTP Client.

Now install this:

WPMU DEV Dashboard Plugin 3.0 beta (Update Notifications)
    (Download available as a ZIP file, so unzip and add to the public_html » wp-content » plugins folder.

Now log into your WordPress Admin Panel again and you will see the WMPU DEV Dashboard asking for your API key. This you will find on your WPMU DEV Profile here on our site.

After this simply go to the Admin Panel » WPMU DEV » Themes and install the Studio Theme again.

Please let me know if this solved the issue for you.

Have a good day.

GinaB

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@livecosmo
    Are you still having problems with this? If so, please let me know and I will notify the Developer.

@Sean
    Thank you for your input as well. I will test it on a multisite install and see if I can replicate this.

Talk soon.

Have a good day!

Gina

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings,

@andersonwebsites Great call, I have yet to hear of any attempt nor mention from those having issues that they have followed standard trouble shooting protocol by deactivating all plugins and seeing if the issue is resolved, of course then reactivating the plugins one at a time and checking for the issue.

@livecosmo and Sean - please be so kind as to follow standard trouble shooting protocol of disabling all plugins to see if this is in fact a plugin conflict.

For those technically inclined just renaming the plugins folder via FTP to something else other then plugins will have the same effect. Then once it is determined if it is or is not a plugin conflict the folder can simply be renamed back to its original "plugins" name.

Please advise by posting your results here so that we know exactly which if any plugin conflicts exist and then we can in any event move forward with a possible cure.

Thank you.

Cheers, Joe

• annkempster
    • New Recruit

I'm also having the same problem with this theme on Buddypress.

I've tried deactivating all plugins - but still cannot access any of the settings for theme options other than 'Slideshow settings. It's only on Theme Options, Custom styling works just fine for me. Tested on other browsers - same problem.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings annkempster,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Congratulations that you are ahead of the curve for having tested out already for plugin conflicts and thank you for that.

Lets get right into it and find out what configuration you are running please:

WordPress 3.3.1?
    MultiSite or Solo?
    Buddy Press 1.5.5?
    Studio 2.1.5?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings annkempster,

Yes your Buddy Press is behind several versions now that it is at version 1.5.5, which puts it behind somewhere in the neighborhood of around 20+ Buddy Press bug fixing versions behind.

Please consider updating your Buddy Press and let me know how it goes.

As always be sure to make a full backup of your web site and your databases before any major updates.

Please advise me with your results if this issue still persists after the update.

Cheers, Joe

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@livecosmo & @Sean

My Multisite broke while testing some plugin and theme configurations. So I didn't get to testing your setup yet. I will make it a priority to test tomorrow to try and replicate your error.

All the best, have a good day and talk soon!

Gina

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

@annkempster

Hope your well.

Thank you for being a member of our community and for letting us know about your problem. Gladly Joe jumped in here and gave some good advice. So let us know how you got on with the BuddyPress upgrade. And please don't hesitate to be in contact should you need any further assistance.

All the best, have a wonderful day and talk soon!

Gina

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.