Theme ideas for Membership 2 Plugin

I would like to build a site around the Membership 2 plugin for giving people various coaching in a closed community of members. The members would also help each other and have access to premium resources and content.

Is there any theme that you recommend?

I looked at Upfront, but none of the available child themes seemed to be a good fit.

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Dylan!

Membership2 will work with any WordPress theme, so you're not limited here in what you can choose to skin your site. Choosing a theme is a pretty personal decision, it's usually pretty difficult for us to make a theme recommendation without knowing too much about your style, or the style you have in mind for the site.

From what you've said here, I'd pick something clean and professional, with areas where you could add branding for your service/membership. It seems like communication is going to be a big a part of it, so I'd pick a theme that handles text beautifully. (No weird, hard-to-read fonts; good text/background contrast; enough whitespace to be soothing and not distracting.)

I'm not a huge fan of the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink themes, they're oftentimes overkill and they can lock you into a single theme if you're not paying close attention.

There are actually some really (I know! Surprising!) great free themes in the WP repository. Go to themes > Add New and browse through some of the featured themes.

I'm personally a huge fan of the default twenty fifteen theme, but I know it's not everyone's jam. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.