Theme INSTALL vs DOWNLOAD

I need someone to tell me CLEARLY wwhat it means to INSTALL a theme. And to INSTALL your dashboard. I work on several different machines. I need a lnk to a CLEAR step-by-step that explains how your plugin relates to
1. My current sites
2. Sites I will build in the future.

I cannot find in your help files and unless I can figure it out I will need to cancel my membership.

In general, i do NOT click on links or icons that auto-install anything, let alone something that is going to mess with my WP sites.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Gwenette,

Hope you're doing well today!

I need someone to tell me CLEARLY wwhat it means to INSTALL a theme. And to INSTALL your dashboard.

Installing a theme through our WPMU DEV Dashboard is the same as installing a plugin or anything else into your WordPress installation. Essentially our Dashboard lets you one-click install products you want to use instead of having to download, upload to your site, and then install.

I need a lnk to a CLEAR step-by-step that explains how your plugin relates to
    1. My current sites

We have over 100 plugins so it really depends what plugins you would like to add.

Each plugin will add different functionality/feature to your sites :slight_smile:

Let's take WP Smush Pro for example: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-smush-pro/

Adding it to any of your existing sites or future sites will allow you to optimize all the images on the site to reduce resource usage and increase the load speed of your site which can even result in a little SEO boost too since Google loves a fast loading site.

So to answer your question step by step, it really depends what sort of plugins you are interested in using. I'd highly recommend WP Smush Pro as it is a great addition to any site, unless you don't use any images at all, which is pretty rare these days :smiley:

2. Sites I will build in the future.

Same as above. All of our plugins were meant to making adding certain functionality(depending on the plugin(s) you choose) much easier and make your website overall more efficient and secure.

In general, i do NOT click on links or icons that auto-install anything

When you're unsure what is being installed that is definitely a very smart rule to live by :slight_smile:

I'll also mention that you can download the plugins/themes directly from their project pages too as seen in my screenshot.

The direct download in that screenshot is not available to members in trial, but soon as your trial is over and you make your first payment then you can download all products directly.

Hope that helps! I also just noticed that you cancelled your membership already, so I've gone ahead and added your 14 day trial back without any restrictions(you can direct download) just in-case you wanted to give it another shot after reading this :slight_smile:

The scheduled payment is still canceled so don't worry about that. If after the 14 days you decide you do want to officially sign up then you can do so from your account page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/hub/account/

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.