Theme Issue

My website AGoodGoodbye.com uses the Atahualpa theme. I kept the Atahualpa 3.6.7 version for a long time, then upgraded to 3.7.10 and ran into problems.

The artwork in the header disappeared. I was able to delete the other art and upload the cartoon, but ran into other issues. In frustration, I reverted back to 3.6.7.

Now the theme has spacing issues after punctuation. There's no space after commas, colons, dashes, etc. This happens even though the typed text is correct.

Any advice on correcting this? Perhaps you can recommend a better theme to use?

BTW, I sent in this request earlier today but did not get a reply. Please help. Thanks.

Gail Rubin
505-265-7215

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi Gail and welcome to the WPMUdev Support Community!

The Atahualpa theme is an interesting one and, as you probably know, was not built by us. All of our themes come with a child theme prepared in the parent theme. You are encouraged to upload both the parent and child, then enable just the child theme so you can add changes. Although Atahualpa has an amazing flexibility, it isn't really designed to have a child theme. You have to be careful to back up your images folder, for example, before updating, so that when your images folder is overwritten, you can add back the images that your site uses.

As for what theme to select, that is largely a matter of personal choice and a question of how easily a theme can accommodate your needs. Have a look at our themes and continue to ask questions so we can help you find the one that's best for you.

Cheers,
    Paul