Theme manager causing conflict with Elementor plugin

Hi,

When we activate Multisite Theme Manager it breaks the layout in the Page admin editor if you have Elementor page builder plugin installed.

We have narrowed it down to something in the plugin stripping a CSS class from the opening body tag or causing that class not to load which breaks the Elementor plugin.

Steps to reproduce:

Download and network activate the Elementor plugin from wordpress.org

https://wordpress.org/plugins/elementor/

Plugin works fine at this point

Download and network activate Multisite Theme Manager

Elementor plugin layout is now broken

When you compare the rendered sources of both the working and non working page you will see the only difference is that in the opening body tag the CSS class “elementor-editor-inactive” is missing.

We really need a fix for this urgently as we require both these plugins to launch our service and despite our best efforts we can’t pin down what in the plugin is generating this bug.

Thanks

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Pagester

I trust you are doing well today!

I tested the Elementor plugin along with the Multisite Theme Manager and the both working fine on my site. Would you please post here a screenshot to point where the issue is?

Please run a quick test for a conflict. Deactivate all the plugin on your site, except the Multisite Theme Manager and the Elementor and test if the issue is still there. If everything is well, activate one plugin at a time to find the one that causes this.

I would like to have a look at your settings and try to replicate this issue on my site if you don’t mind. Pease grand support access from WPMU DEV > Support, so I can have a closer look.

Let us know how it went!!

Cheers,

Nastia.

• Pagester
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Goo Morning Nastia,

We have tested this on 3 network sites, 1 vanila install of WordPress with just the 2 plugins and nothing else on our dedicated server, 1 on our actual production install and a 3rd on a clients site who is using shared hosting.

As it happens on a plain install of WP it rules out other plugin conflict.

However as requested we deactivated all plugins on our production install, re-enabled one by one and the problem returned after activating Multisite Theme Manager. The problem only exists when this particular plugin is activated.

Please see the attached screenshot for the layout problem.

Support access has been granted.

Thanks

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Pagester

I hope all is well!

Thank you for sending the screenshot to us! I can replicate this issue as well on my site.

I have flagged a second level support to have a closer look here. Please note, the developer responce is slower compare to the usual staff, because they are dealing with mush complicated issues.

Once there is an update, me or the developer will post the answer here.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,

Nastia

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Pagester

Please go to /wp-content/plugins/multisite-theme-manager/multisite-theme-manager.php line no 381 to 386 and replace

function admin_body_class($classes) {
    global $pagenow;

if(!is_network_admin() && $pagenow == 'themes.php' && isset($_GET['page']) && $_GET['page'] == 'multisite-theme-manager.php')
    return ($classes) ? $classes.' themes-php' : 'themes-php';
    }

with

function admin_body_class($classes) {
    global $pagenow;

if(!is_network_admin() && $pagenow == 'themes.php' && isset($_GET['page']) && $_GET['page'] == 'multisite-theme-manager.php')
    return ($classes) ? $classes.' themes-php' : 'themes-php';

return $classes;
    }

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.