Theme not displaying Market Press very nice

I have started to use MarketPress for the first time as I can setup a blog template for store owners to have an almost instant store with a theme I create using Artisteer. However, when I view the store pages, and use the setting in MarketPress to override the CSS, it simply does not produce a nice looking page with the products. One of the reasons I decided it was time to join monthly of WPMU was for the idea I can create stunning looking commerce sites multisite wide, and the CSS option you have would make the stores look great right off the bat.
http://petshop.brickworksmarket.com.au/store/products/test-product/
Here is a simple test theme I have done so I can just see how the store looks with the product. Is there something I must add to my themes created in Artisteer to make this work nicely?

Regards,

Ciaran

• 3SixtyEvolve
    • New Recruit

Hi cmwwebfx

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

Thank you for posting to our Forum. We value feedback and feature requests from our Users as it helps us to constantly improve our products.

Since I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to MarketPress and not yet familiar with all the features of it or how to fully customize it if I wanted, I would prefer to get our more experienced Support Team on this one. Therefore please allow us some time to get back to you with an answer.

And in the meantime, if you require any further assistance with any other topic/ plugin, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Have a good day!

Gina :: Multiplicity
    Trying out as WPMU DEV Support Staff - Let me know how I go

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

I've never used the artiseer service so can't comment on the quality of the code in the theme you're using.

That being said could you be more specific with what you're looking for there? I'm seeing the marktepress display there but it's also using your default theme styles. For example I noticed that ll the form fields had boxes around them (which I personally would want to change) and when I looked at the code I found the following in our theme which is dictating the boxes:

.art-article th, .art-article td {
        border: 1px solid #9A9A9A;
        padding: 2px;
        text-align: left;
        vertical-align: top;
    }

So we an help with some customizations for ya, but we'll need more specifics. If you want some out-of-the-box themes you may want to have a look at our GridMarket and SimpleMarket themes as well:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/frame-market-theme
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/simplemarket

Let us know. Thanks!

• cmwwebfx
    • Flash Drive

Maybe I have assumed wrong that the styles of the store pages and product pages would be of the marketpress plugin? I thought selecting "moder" style would override the theme style of those pages or insert the style for the marketpress plugin?

Artisteer is a theme builder software for building out WordPress themes as well as Joomla and Drupal. I will be happy to send a theme over for you to see the quality of the code?

as I will be building most of my "MultiPress themes" for licencing issues, I would love to be incorporating in marketpress as well as other plugins to make the multisite work nicely.

• cmwwebfx
    • Flash Drive

Will it help if I just send in one of my themes I make so as to see why market press is not giving me the option to display correctly? This will really help as I have another 15 themes that I have made that I would like to get this working on. I am trying to set up a market online before an actual physical market closes in 5 weeks time.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya cmwwebfx,

Apologies for the delayed response here. The MarketPress styles such as modern have more to do with the included icons and slight spacing differences. The bulk of the display such as table properties, buttons, etc is all determined by the theme. This way, the plugin should look much more integrated into the site.

We don't allow zip uploads here on the forums, but again, if you're comfortable with making CSS changes you should be able to get it looking exactly the way you want. Let us know if there's anything specific you'd like to see.

Thanks!

• cmwwebfx
    • Flash Drive

Hi there,

I haven't found a solution to the small problem. But I have decided to scrap the idea for now and use more in tune themes that display nicely. The Artisteer software builds great themes, but in other areas it places strange code that causes issues to clean up later. I will place this as resolved as MasonJames has pointed out that it is the themes table style that gets picked out for styling.

I was under the impression that MarketPress has complete styling of the plugin. But to be honest I am quite happy how MarketPress works on all the other themes I use.

Thank you for your follow up.

Ciaran

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.