Theme requested with booking plugin

Do you have a theme in which will list specific services providers.
The service provides can register on the website and list their services and a schedule .
The customer must register and search for a provider and make a booking.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mazen,

I'm afraid that we don't have any themes at the moment, but we do have Appointments+ plugin that will allow you to create service providers and calendar for booking their services.
    You can check it out here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/appointments-plus/
    It doesn't offer search function through providers, but what you can do is create a separate booking page for each provider so default WP search will be able to find those pages.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mazen,

Each service provider can have their own working days and hours set, as well as their break times and exceptional working and non-working days.
    So when you assign a service to provider the available slots will depend on the working times set for that provider.

Once that is set up you can create new page for booking calendar by using shortcodes like this:

[app_monthly_schedule worker="15"]
    [app_confirmation]

Where 10 is ID of the provider that you want to have on that page.

Let us know if you need more help with setting this up :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mazen,

Yes, once you activate Appointments+ you can navigate to Appointments > Settings > General > Accessibility tab an in there enable Allow service provider set working hours option.
    This will allow service providers to set their working hours from their WP profile.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Ashik
    • Staff

Hi Mazen,

Thank you for replying back. Hope you're doing well today.

You'll be happy to hear that through our Membership 2 Pro plugin your service provider can register. I can be free of paid membership. Please visit this link https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/auto-assign-user-roles-membership-2/ to know more about Membership 2 Pro features.

Feel free to reply here if you've any more questions or concerns. Have a great day.

Regards,
    Ashik

• Ashik
    • Staff

Hi Mazen,

Thank you for replying back.

Currently, there is no automated process to register service provider in Appointments. You'll have to do it manually. But using Membership 2 Pro you can register your service provider. Thank you for understanding.

Feel free to reply here if you've any more questions or concerns about this. Have a great day.

Regards,
    Ashik

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mazen,

Thanks for granting access, I can see what the problem is here.
    So you have added the shortcode for appointment confirmation and provider selector but you didn't add the shortcode for selecting available times.

Set of shortcodes will depend on how you like your setup to look.
    So, let's say that you want to have provider selector on your page and to show the picker there, you would use this setup in this case:

[app_service_providers]
    [app_monthly_schedule]
    [app_confirmation]

However, if you want to have separate pages for each provider then it will look a bit different.
    First you would remove [app_service_providers] part as that will not be needed since form on that page will be specific only for one one provider and selector is not needed.
    And of course you will need to have separate page for each your service provider.
    In each page you would add a shortcode like this:

[app_monthly_schedule worker="3"]
    [app_confirmation]

This will show the timeslots for your worker with ID 3, so in each other page just change the ID to that specific provider.

I've changed this on your site but then I noticed that you were working there as well so I stopped making further changes.
    Please make sure that your service provider has services set and then check if your booking page is working properly.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mazen,

I thought that I already shared a link to Appointments+ available shortcodes, but it looks like I missed that, sorry, here it is:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/appointments-shortcode-reference/

Default calendar shortcode will always start with the current month but you can change the shortcode to show next month instead, or add one for current month and one for next, in that case your page will look something like this:

[app_monthly_schedule add="1" worker="3"]
    [app_pagination step="2" month="1"]
    [app_confirmation]

In there I also added pagination so you can go to next two months, and you can use same thing when showing one calendar, add pagination so visitors can go to next one, it that case you would use something like this:

[app_pagination]
    [app_confirmation]

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Mazen
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

is there a way to list the service providers in a grid view (with some basic details) on one page with filters. So the user can select a service provider and go the main page of the service provider and make a booking.

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mazen,

If you create new page for each calendar then those are standard WP pages and you can link to them from your custom list, so you can pretty much do it however you want.

There's no list like that that will do it but you can have a Provider selector on your booking page and you can also hide the calendar until the provider is selected.
    What you can do further is make sure that your providers have their Bio pages set and then use a shortcode like this:

[app_service_providers description="content"]
    [app_monthly_schedule require_provider="1"]
    [app_pagination month="1"]
    [app_confirmation]

With this setup your booking page would look like this:

Now when you select Provider and click on Show available times it will render the calendar for that selected provider.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi Mazen,

If you set a featured image for your service provider Bio page it will show that that image when provider is selected, so you can define there what will be the size of that thumbnail.
    It would look like this:

When adding shortcodes like shown in your screenshot, you can hover on the input fields and it should show further information about the usage of that option.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Sohag Ronjon Dey
    • Support

Hi Mazen,

Thanks for contacting us. :slight_smile:

I can replicate the issue in your site. After that I have tried to create a custom post type in my test site and tried to replicate the issue on it. I could not regenerate it there in my site and it is working there well.

Which suggests there can be a possible plugin conflict with another code from another plugin or theme in your site. Perhaps a plugin conflict can help here. You can run the test as outlined in the flowchart below

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

Please make sure to take complete backup of your site files and database before making any deactivation/removal of any plugin or theme or kind of update or changes. This will help to get back to current state if anything breaks or any settings misses.

If you think it will harm your current traffic then you can create a staging site with the same settings and try to perform the investigation there. In this way your production site will remain unchanged and you can perform the tests there. The following article may help in creating a staging site.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/set-up-staging-site-cheap-shared-hosting/

I have checked the browser console on your custom post type's edit screen and I can see some console errors those are showing some files missing from the plugin Jetpack. If you run the plugin conflict test then I will recommend to try to start with this plugin.

However you can also try something like create a test post using wordpress native post in your site (I have checked in your site that the provider dropdown is showing there) and then add the shortcodes according to your requirement there and then once it is added try to copy the shortcodes to the listing post.

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any more help or if you have any query.

Wish you an amazing holiday :slight_smile:

Take care,
    Sohag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.