Theme Settings are not saving globally

When I first open the Upfront editor, it shows the Home page. I then go into the Theme Settings and switched the font for all of my headings and saved. Then when I go to another page within the Upfront editor, those changes are not displaying. So I go back into the Theme Settings and change all the fonts once again, but when I go to yet another page the new fonts are not displaying on the page nor are they selected within the settings.

Are Theme Settings now per page? How do I change fonts for headings globally?

(public password to view site: musicology, plus the site is currently open to support for other tickets.)

• Sajid

Hi WPMonkey,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Theme settings are global and would work across the site but it can be overridden by page settings, elements presets or via custom code etc.

So here is the hierarchy.

1. Targeted custom CSS code.
    2. Inline styles for a specific html tag in text element (like in your case).
    3. Specific elements presets.
    4. Element Defaults.
    5. Specific Page/Post presets.
    6. Then global settings (will be applied if above not exists).

For example, go to your home page launch upfront editor and then make changes (e.g. change h1 color and font). Now immediately create a new page and you will see those global settings are being applied.

Hope that clear this up and feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid

Hi WPMonkey,

If you edit the styles for specific page ? If yes then yes, those styles will be local and will only apply on this page. Same with presets, they will work with global settings, but if you change the styles or create new presets then it would override the global styles.

For example, you have font-size 24 pixels for H1 tag globally. But on one specific page, you want to make it bigger than others, you can change the size to 28 pixels for that specific page or specific element using this method.

Hope that explains it - but please don't hesitate to post a reply if you have any more question or confusion, happy to help :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• WPMonkey

But this is why I entered a support ticket. I set all of my heading fonts and sizes using the Theme Settings link. I did not change heading fonts within the text editor, I did not go into presets, just the Theme Settings. I wanted to keep the styles global, because I understand the ramifications of inline styling vs global CSS.

Then a month later we wanted a different font for headings. So I went back into Theme Settings and selected a new font. This new font did NOT display for the headings on any of the non-Home pages. I then went into an individual page and LOOKED at the Theme Settings from that subpage. The font was the old one. So, on the Home page if I access Theme Settings I'll see font2 assigned to all headings, but when I go into Theme Settings on any other page, I still see font1 assigned to headings.

This seems like a bug to me. Theme Setting should be global and it shouldn't matter where you access from them. Unless you are saying that by accessing the Theme Settings from a page other than Home that you are then creating a new set of Theme Setting just for that page? If so, where is the notification for that because that seems like a rather faulty interface.

• Nastia

Hello WPMonkey

I trust you are doing well today!

At the current time the Theme Settings is working like Sajid has described in the above post. However, our developers are working on it and preparing new feature that will allow to apply a custom template to the Upfront pages.

This way you will be able to create one template, edit the Theme settings for this template and apply it for an Upfront page of your choice.

This feature is under development and will be out in the close future.

Have a nice day and take care!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hi WPMonkey,

Yes, its working for me as the way you described. As stated above, its how upfront is designed to work. When you are on a specific page/post then changes will effect on that specific page post.

However, I agree with you that it should say Page/Post Settings instead of Theme Settings. I forwarded your request to our development team for consideration. Thanks for taking time and pointing this out, really appreciated :slight_smile:

Meanwhile, if I am of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.