Theme sites and sites listing

I have two questions:
1. I am hosting a lot of sites. How can I install a theme for these sites and also to make the theme the same for all sites?
2. How can I group all of these sites together in my primary menu web page. For example, If I create a page name "Site Listing" page in my primary web page. Once i click on "Site Listing" all the sites are listed out. I then click on one choosing site then it take me to that site with new theme and new informations about that site. Is there a plugin that can do this?

Thank you for your support.
chad

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello CHAD,

1. I am hosting a lot of sites. How can I install a theme for these sites and also to make the theme the same for all sites?

If by that you mean you have a WordPress Multisite then yes, you can install theme (network activate it) and the set it up for each of your sites. Because this is Multisite then all sites will use the same theme files so it will looks the same on all pages.

2. How can I group all of these sites together in my primary menu web page. For example, If I create a page name "Site Listing" page in my primary web page. Once i click on "Site Listing" all the sites are listed out. I then click on one choosing site then it take me to that site with new theme and new informations about that site. Is there a plugin that can do this?

Yes, you can use for that our Blogs Directory plugin https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/blogs-directory/
    It creates sites list on actual WordPress page, so you will be able to add that page to your main site menu.

Please note that all I wrote is only for MultiSite WordPress https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wordpress-multisite/ - this will not work for single separate WordPress installs.

For single installs you will have to install theme separately for each site and activate it. And for lists list you will need to create it manually on page and add manually each new site.

Let me know if you have more questions

kind regards,
    Kasia

• CHAD

In regarding my question 1 above: I created a subdirectory site for example named "site 1" but when I clicked on this subdirectory site (site 1) I get this message: page isn't working. Try clearing your cookies. ERR too many redirect.

I also go into the subdirectory site wp-admin but I get the same error above. When I went into my main website, i don't see "site 1" page. Also, I followed your instruction above to install theme for "site1" but I still couldn't do it. Can you please help. Am I doing something not right?

After I resolve question 1 then I will be able to try your advice on question 2 above.

• Nithin

Hey CHAD,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

In regarding my question 1 above: I created a subdirectory site for example named "site 1" but when I clicked on this subdirectory site (site 1) I get this message: page isn't working. Try clearing your cookies. ERR too many redirect.

I checked your mentioned subsites, but I wasn't able to notice any issue, all your subsites seems to load fine without any issue. Have you fixed it? I also created a new subsite(wpmutest), but I wasn't able to find any issue with that too, the subsite loads fine in both front end, and back end. Please advise if I had missed out anything.

Could you please try clearing your browser cache, and check whether it works fine. Please do test in a different browser, and check whether you are still having the same issue.

Also, I followed your instruction above to install theme for "site1" but I still couldn't do it. Can you please help. Am I doing something not right?

You'll have to install, and network enable the theme under your network domain ie yourWebsiteURL.com/wp-admin/network/themes.php

Once you network enable the theme, the theme will be available for each subsite, under Appearance > Themes. You can then activate/disable the theme for each subsite.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.