Theme support to save custom templates elsewhere

It’s really important to have the ability to have custom templates that don’t get stored elsewhere. Can some sort of theme support be added to store them in a separate folder in wp-content?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings cdgweb,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available – but we would love to put it into consideration for future development. It might take a bit longer than useful.

I will see if I can get the lead developer @cole in here to assist / give us some advice… in the meantime if you could post the results / problems you’ve come across doing it yourself here that would definitely help too.

Alternatively, you could see if there’s a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute.

Cheers, Joe

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey cdgweb,

I’ve actually already accounted for this in the new version of e-Newsletter that I am working on. In addition to being able to keep your theme changes safe from future updates you will also be able to use the new WordPress theme customizer with each one of your newsletters.

No official timeline for this release quite yet but I am hard at work on the new features.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings cdgweb,

Thank you for your additional input, it is great that Cole made it in here so quick and addressed your concerns.

I am going to know move this ticket to the feature requests section so it is no longer coming up in my plugin screens.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.