Themes

Dear sirs,

i am trying to use several themes that i have installed but none of them works. I have wordpress 3.5.1 and buddypress 1.6.5 installed. Please tell me what to do.

Thanks

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello @rlafiat, I can help you with this!

So what do you mean by not working? Does anything happen when you try to activate the theme? Would you mind providing a little more info on the steps that you're taking in attempts to make the themes work?

Thanks!

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Ok, there are a few things we can try to get started. First, I'd recommend deleting the themes completely and reinstalling them. There's a possibility there was a problem when they were uploaded.

Also, can you please turn on Debug mode? You can do this by editing wp-config.php and changing the setting from false over to true.

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

With debug mode turned on, try again and see if you get any error messages.

Let me know what you find out! Looking forward to getting this resolved with you.
    Best regards,

• rlafiat
    • New Recruit

I uploaded again scholar theme and i enabled debug

The error that appears to scholar and all the other themes is the following:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\learn\wp-content\plugins\buddypress-courseware\groups\groups.class.php on line 43

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare bp_dtheme_register_actions() (previously declared in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\learn\wp-content\themes\bp-scholar\_inc\ajax.php:30) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\learn\wp-content\plugins\buddypress\bp-themes\bp-default\_inc\ajax.php on line 77

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

The warning happens to be because of how PHP is configured, but it's not a serious issue and the message will go away after turning off debug mode.

Now this is error is strange. Somehow both the scholar theme and the buddypress default theme are being loaded at the same time. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the theme, or with BuddyPress. Are you using the latest version of buddypress?

There are some things we can try to get this straightened out in the meantime:
    Try deactivating BuddyPress, then enable your theme, then reactivate BuddyPress again.

Once you can confirm what BuddyPress version you're using, I can get in touch with the theme developer and we can see if it's a theme bug, or something that should be reported to buddypress.

Best regards,
    Alexander Rohmann

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello @rlafiat,

Haven't heard from you in a few weeks. I'm going to go ahead and mark this as resolved for now. If you still need help. Feel free to mark unresolved and get back to me.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member.

Best regards, Alexander Rohmann

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.