themes and domain mapping not working

ATTN Anastasia has ftp details

installed dashboard on http://www.bettereyesightatanyage.com

themes and domain mapping not working

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @yourlinkguru,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I have already answered the theme question in your other thread here.

Lets continue with Domain Mapping plugin issue here.

I can see you have not actually mapped any domains they are just http. Do you have domains that you want to domain with your subsites ?

Also, domain mapping is not a regular drop in plugins folder type plugin. You have to configure your domains on your server first.

For more details please read A Record & CNAME section of usage guide.

If you are not sure how to configure A Record and CNAME then please contact your hosting to get technical assistance regarding this matter.

Take care and have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

• Guru
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Said

thanks for the prompt reply

yes i have many for example – moorparklasik.com

would it be possible to screencast one? As my host ackspace uses another MU plugin

also if i had to import one with previous data like eyers.us how would the procedure be different

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @yourlinkguru,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

yes i have many for example – moorparklasik.com

This domain does not seems to be resolved properly. Make sure your this domain is pointed to the same IP address where you have pointed your main WordPress Multisite. While accessing this website it should load the homepage of your Multisite. Same for your other domain.

Do you need a screencast of the process to configure and map a domain in Domain Mapping ? If yes then I am afraid we don’t have any video tutorial at the moment. However you can see the screenshots of configuring domain on your server and also mapping the subsite with the map domain.

As my host ackspace uses another MU plugin

also if i had to import one with previous data like eyers.us how would the procedure be different

What other MU plugin you are using ?

If you want to import the data of your previous site on your new subsite that you will map with eyers.us, then you can use our snapshot plugin to import sites from one server to another server. We have published a detailed article on our blog explaining how exactly you could move a site from one host to another.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.