Themes Directory 'not installed'

I'm running WP 3.4.1 multisite
Buddypress 1.6.1
Buddypress Corporate theme from WPMUDev

Here's the thing(s):
Thing 1: I'm seeing a message in my Network dashboard that says 'your theme directory is empty'. I can see themes, I can activate them. Not understanding that.

Thing 2: I had two (older) copies of Corporate in my 'themes' folder plus child themes, so I deleted them and uploaded Coroporate 1.4.4. plus the child theme folder. I 'network enabled' Corporate Child and activated it on my main site. Now I can't see it in the list of themes in the Network Admin desktop. I CAN see 'Corporate' but if I try to do anything (like enable or edit) it says it 'doesn't exist'. But my site still looks fine. Huh?

I've reinstalled WP3.4.1, I've reinstalled Buddypress1.6.1 (I have a whole other issue going on with that!) and installed Corporate 1.4.4 today.

Why can't I see the child theme in the Network Admin dashboard? Why does it say that Corporate doesn't exist?

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Here's the thing(s):
    Thing 1: I'm seeing a message in my Network dashboard that says 'your theme directory is empty'. I can see themes, I can activate them. Not understanding that.

It would be referring to a blank folder or one without the style css?

Thing 2: I had two (older) copies of Corporate in my 'themes' folder plus child themes, so I deleted them and uploaded Coroporate 1.4.4. plus the child theme folder. I 'network enabled' Corporate Child and activated it on my main site. Now I can't see it in the list of themes in the Network Admin desktop. I CAN see 'Corporate' but if I try to do anything (like enable or edit) it says it 'doesn't exist'. But my site still looks fine. Huh?

Can I see a screenshot of what is happening there?

Why can't I see the child theme in the Network Admin dashboard? Why does it say that Corporate doesn't exist?

Can you please upload again and test?

Be sure they are in the correct folders?

Let me know.

Take care.

• storyaday
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks again for your quick response.

Actually there is another thing. Sorry. The Network Admin screen says this

"You need to activate a Buddypress compatible theme..." It's been saying this since i upgraded to 3.4.1.

The main site dashboard is the one with the message about the empty theme directory:

(Two screenshots attached).

I have both Corporate and Corporate-child installed in storyaday/wp-content/themes

(screenshot attached)

• storyaday

OK no. I've screwed something up.

I uploaded Corporate to the /themes directory. I did not enable it.
    I took Corporate-child out of the Corporate folder and uploaded THAT to the /themes directory
    I changed the css file name from child-style-sample.css to child-style.css

And now it tells me that Corporate-child is broken. (see screenshot).

And yet my site still looks like it's running Corporate. Utterly confused.

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

"You need to activate a Buddypress compatible theme..." It's been saying this since i upgraded to 3.4.1.

So you have BuddyPress installed?

If so then it needs to have a BP theme on the site it's active.

Is the site it's running on also running a BuddyPress theme?

If you have it enabled to work on any site then you will need to enable the BP themes on all sites.

For the theme not existing, does the child and the parent have a style.css file in the root of the folder?

Let me know.

• storyaday

I have Buddypress 1.6.1 installed.
    I have BP Corporate 1.4.4 running.
    I've network enabled the parent theme again.

Yes, both parent and child have a style.css file in the root.

But the WP Network Admin page says the child theme does not have a theme directory and has exiled it to the 'broken' tab.

(I know it's the weekend, so I'll wait)

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings storyaday,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.