Themes for MarketPress pages

If I create a page template for my store, will all of the product pages inherit that theme, or do I need to create pages somewhere else to have a store template inside my blog's existing theme?

• Mason

Hiya ymousley,

You may want to take a look at our framemarket and gridmarket themes in order to see how we've done this. There is also quite a bit of inline documentation when in marketpress/marketpress-includes/template-functions.php

You can create a 'page template' called mp_product.php and this will be used by all products - again take a look at the gridmarket theme to see this "in action".

Also, is it possible to include a buy now or add to cart button directly in a template?

MarketPress will do it's best to incorporate these elements into any activated theme. If it's not displaying on the page please provide a link and we'll take a look with ya.

Thanks!

• ymousley

Sorry for the slow reply, lots of airport delays over the past few days.

I'll try the mp_product option. Right now the problem is that my blog template has articles, ads, etc. in the sidebars, but for the store I want to have a cleaner layout that's only the product info.

Right now the buy button does show up properly on product pages, but I don't know how I'd include it on a non-product page so that it goes straight to checkout.

Here's the product page, where (almost*) everything works fine

http://www.signature9.com/data-store/products/style99-april-2011

Here's the primary sales page though, where I'd like to replace my current PayPal buy now button with one that's the same as it is on the product page. (the yellow button is my own image that I can use with PayPal's code - I'd like to be able to do the same thing with Marketpress)

http://www.signature9.com/style-99

To keep things to as few clicks as possible, I don't want to send people to the product page if possible.
    * the almost is that I'm wondering if I can eliminate the shipping/billing information screen, so people don't have to enter it twice - once on my site and once on PayPal. If possible, when people hit Checkout Now I'd like them to go straight to PayPal. My ideal transaction flow is

Buy Now button anywhere (not just on product page) > Shopping cart page on my domain > PayPal > My site for the download

• Aaron

* the almost is that I'm wondering if I can eliminate the shipping/billing information screen, so people don't have to enter it twice - once on my site and once on PayPal. If possible, when people hit Checkout Now I'd like them to go straight to PayPal. My ideal transaction flow is

They only have to enter shipping info once on the site, and it's passed to paypal. Also it should prefill the billing info if they use a CC with the shipping info.