Themes on multisite network

Hey,

I have installed the pro-sites plugin and basically I have bought the premium theme for the main site. Example domain.com.

I want to use that premium theme on root domain but don't let other users to be able to use that theme.

Furthermore, let say I give two options to signup (free & paid) and I want to let free users to have access to certain themes and much more access to paid users how can this be accomplished?

And can a user (not the super admin) buy a theme from the marketplace and install it on his own site (site.domain.com) by himself?

Your input is highly appreciated.

• bharat
    • Flash Drive

I forgot to mention this. Free users should be able to view the theme but can't use it before he can buy it. Kinda in wordpress.com. Does this make sense of have I over complicated it?

And the same questions for plugins too. Can this be done?

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Admin --> Network --> Sites

Then edit the site you want a unique theme for, you will be able to assign themes to that one.

Just don't network activate the theme and don't assign it a Pro Sites Level if you're using Pro Sites.

And can a user (not the super admin) buy a theme from the marketplace and install it on his own site (site.domain.com) by himself?

That would be a security risk and not allow in WordPress by default.

With Pro sites you can let them pay to use premium themes:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.