Themes that work on WordPress, Multisite and BuddyPress

I set up a multisite with BuddyPress on the main site. I'm now choosing themes that members can choose from.

When a theme says that they work on WordPress, Multisite and BuddyPress... does this mean that a site that activates that theme MUST have BuddyPress? If so, a list of themes that work on sites w/out BuddyPress would be nice since the rest of the Blogs can't have BuddyPress.

For instance, looking at your list of Business themes, it says 90% of them work with BuddyPress. But the short descriptions don't indicate if BuddyPress is required or not.

I guess I'm just a bit confused as to which themes I can offer other members since they don't have BuddyPress

• DavidM

Hi doone and welcome to WPMU DEV!

That can seem a bit confusing, but BuddyPress compatibility would only be a consideration for the main site on which BuddyPress is working, which is the main site (site ID 1) on a multisite.

So you wouldn't have to worry about BuddyPress compatibility with the rest of the site. All the themes here should work just fine on your sub-sites.

It's only the main site that would be a concern as far as BuddyPress compatibility.

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.