there, 1.

Hi there,

1. I've installed your Pop-Up Pro to use as a log in pop up. Was wondering how I can get close to the design of the great log in pop-up you guys use (screenshot attached).

2. Also I can't get the pop-up to link to anything. Nothing happens when I hover over login, register or forgotten password. I suspect it's the way I've got the short code written. Do I head it to ...."http.//investorsprophet.com/log-in".

Looking forward to your response.

Robert

• Nithin

Hi Robert,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

1. I've installed your Pop-Up Pro to use as a log in pop up. Was wondering how I can get close to the design of the great log in pop-up you guys use (screenshot attached).

Could you please try the following CSS, and check whether it works:

.popup.wdev-window {
    padding: 30px 45px;
    background: #17a8e3;
    margin: 0 auto;
    display: inline-block;
    -ms-transform: scale(0.9, 0.9);
    -webkit-transform: scale(0.9, 0.9);
    transform: scale(0.9, 0.9);
    border-radius: 4px;
    -moz-transition: all 0.3s;
    -webkit-transition: all 0.3s;
    -o-transition: all 0.3s;
    -ms-transition: all 0.3s;
    transition: all 0.3s;
    }

.wdpu-1922 .wdpu-title, .wdpu-1922 .wdpu-subtitle {
    	color: white;
    }

.ms-form input[type="text"], .ms-form input[type="password"] {
    background: white;
    color: #09202b;
    padding: 14px 23px 13px;
    display: inline-block;
    }

.ms-form input[type="submit"] {
    border: none;
    padding: 19px 23px 15px;
    font: 500 15px/15px 'Roboto';
    text-transform: uppercase;
    background: #14485f;
    box-shadow: 0px 3px 0px 0px #09202b;
    border-radius: 4px;
    }

.wdpu-1922 a:hover, .wdpu-1922 a:active, .wdpu-1922 a:focus {
    }

.wdpu-1922 a:visited {
    }

.wdpu-1922 a {
    }

.wdpu-1922 .wdpu-inner {
    	padding: 10%;
    }

.wdpu-1922 .wdpu-msg-inner {
    	background: none;
    }

Please advise, if I had missed out anything. You can add the above CSS code, using the Additional CSS section of your Popup, or by either using a Child theme, or a plugin like Simple Custom CSS.

2. Also I can't get the pop-up to link to anything. Nothing happens when I hover over login, register or forgotten password. I suspect it's the way I've got the short code written. Do I head it to ...."http.//investorsprophet.com/log-in".

I could notice that the links aren't working. To have a better idea regarding this issue, could you please enable support access, so that we could give a closer look. You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Robert

Hi Nithin,
    Thanks so much for your timely and informative response. I’ve got the new log in pop up working but have some additional questions. I suspect a lot of these will be due to the way I have everything set up and only require a small amount of tweaking:
    1. When I use the pop-up to log-in (I’ve set up dummy details) I am directed to http://www.investorsprophet.com/wp-login.php. And have to repeat the login process. I am then sent to my account page.
    How do I set things up so after a successful login, the login pop up simply disappears and I continue around the site unabated?
    2. I will be using leadpages to capture name and email information which is pushed into icontact and started on an autoresponder email series. These contacts will be offered a FREE Membership (permanent) to my educational content as well as free trials to my paid services. At the first point of contact (details being pushed into icontact), is there a way to automatically provide them with a Membership2 username and password?

Once again thanks for your prompt reply and looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Robert

• Ash

Hello Robert

#1. When you create a popup for "Form submit" field select Refresh Popup or Do Nothing for ajax form. Make sure the form or shortcode you use within the popup is ajax driven login form :slight_smile:

#2. It is possible with custom code, won't be automatic. You can use Membership2 API to create new member and then the member can reset his password to get his account. You can visit this url to know about API docs: http://domain.com/wp-content/plugins/membership/docs/namespaces/default.html

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

• Robert

Hi there,
      It's been a while since you responded to my question? It was a good response just got side-tracked!
      I'm just wanting to clarify my last question:
      I'll be marketing on Facebook etc with leads being pushed to IContact. How can I automate subscribers getting a Membership2 username/password so they can then login into my wordpress site? This will need some sort of sync between IContact and Membership2. IS this possible?

Regards

Robert

Regards

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the additional info about this, however I'm afraid that integration like this one would require additional coding.

You can check out M2 API Documentation like Ash mentioned above and if you need additional help with coding you can post a job on our Jobs board and find a developer that can further assist you with this:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/
    Please note that, no WPMU official staff members are allowed to work in the job board.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Robert

Cool. thanks for the prompt reply. I think I understand.

Would it be possible for me to create a customised landing page in wordpress which includes First Name and Email field and then Membership2 automatically uses the email address as the username and the first name as the password.

I'm trying to find a way have the user sign up and receive log in details all in the one action. I can then export the details from wordpress to IContact for them to be included in a autorepsonder series.
    Hope you can help
    Robert
    and

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Robert,

Would it be possible for me to create a customised landing page in wordpress which includes First Name and Email field and then Membership2 automatically uses the email address as the username and the first name as the password.

That is possible, because Membership uses WordPress users. So you would need first to disable Membership registration form with this line in functions.php file:

add_filter('ms_frontend_handle_registration', '__return_false');

after that you can create you custom login page and you will have to create custom script that will use email as login and login as password.
    Here is sample tutorial on how to create similar script https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/email-login/ - it is for emails as users, but you should be able to create own script that will also handle passwords.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.