There are email templates once user register as member

Hi,
There are email templates once user register as member using membership 2 plugin i.e Automated Email Responses but users are not getting the emails that is defined there.

I want that the details that is in those email template will go to users.

Please check and advice what is the problem there.
Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers,
Jenny

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Jenny,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

If emails are going through but not the one you set in settings then make sure you have not enabled membership specific email by overriding the default one.

You can set different template for membership specific members from Membership 2 > Memberships > Your Membership > Edit > Automated Email Responses. It should be set to "Use default template" to use the template set in settings.

Please check that once and let us know how it goes so we dig into this issue further.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello @Jenny, I hope you are well today!

I see that you have installed a previous version of Membership 2 plugin. Would you please update the plugin and test for this issue again? Many issues were fixed in the latest version.

Let us know how it went!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Jenny,

No, you will not lose any data, it will only update the files. But its best practice to take backup of your website first before updating the plugin, in case if some thing goes wrong so you have a restore point.

Hope that helps! If you still need assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Jenny,

Thanks for updating to latest version and checking it out after that.

I tested it out on my own sandbox/test site and its working the way it should work.

I conducted a test for two templates one with Signup - User account created (you have to enable Additional Automated Messages add-on if you don't see in dropdown) and with Subscription - Completed with payment. Both times I get the email message as expected.

Signup - User account created will send out a welcome email when a member will join your site regardless of membership type.

Subscription - Completed with payment will send out a confirmation email once their payment is successful and completed. This will contain the message you specify in settings along with current payment invoice.

What template you have tested with ? Also can you grant support staff access ?

To grant support staff access go to WPMUDEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access or see this manual.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Jenny,

Thanks for granting support staff access, I have enabled "Additional Automated Messages" and also enabled the Signup - User account created email template.

You can add/edit the welcome message by going to following URL as an administrator user.
    http://www.checkthisout.net.au/wp-admin/admin.php?page=membership2-settings&tab=emails&comm_type=type_signup

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Jenny,

Weird, I am also getting the username and password email instead of the the template set in Membership 2 settings.

Would you mind granting support staff access so I can test it with some other accounts and enable the templates.

Kind Regards,
    Sajid J

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.