there, I have a problem with the snapshot. Everytime when

Hi there,

I have a problem with the snapshot. Everytime when the plugin tries to save the files (for example: media) it gets an Internal Server Error. The Database runs fine with a Segment Size of 8000 (higher like 10000 I got the the same error) and I set the Memory limit up to 1G... Do you have any Idea what could cause the trouble...?

Thank you for your help

marcus

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Marcus,

I hope your well today and thanks for your question.

If you have a memory limit of a 1G that should work but only if you can actually set a memory limit that high on your server, most shared hosts wouldn't allow a memory limit that high.

The segment is size is also quite high, 8000 will back up the DB, just in the smaller segment sizes.

I'm going to see what the lead developer thinks on this :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Marcus,

I hope your well today and thanks for the additional information.

As you say default settings, does that include the memory limit? If so can you up that to 256 please?

Can you also check your error log, in cPanel > logs > error log

Or file FTP/File manager > public_html > error_log or it might be error.log or error.txt, but it should be in the root of your install :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Marcus
    • New Recruit

hi Jack,

I checked it again with 256M but was the same result... the problem is always with the media files... I try now to run the snapshot excluding the files... :slight_smile:

this are the error logs of the 1st and 2nd (error logs on the server):

[Tue Oct 01 15:07:14 2013] [error] [client 85.214.76.29] File does not exist: /usr/www/users/mobilu/forum/motorola
    [Tue Oct 01 15:07:15 2013] [error] [client 85.214.76.29] File does not exist: /usr/www/users/mobilu/forum/motorola
    [Tue Oct 01 15:07:21 2013] [error] [client 85.214.76.29] File does not exist: /usr/www/users/mobilu/forum/motorola
    [Tue Oct 01 15:07:21 2013] [error] [client 85.214.76.29] File does not exist: /usr/www/users/mobilu/forum/motorola
    [Tue Oct 01 16:20:52 2013] [error] [client 5.9.120.112] client denied by server configuration: /usr/www/users/mobilu/wp-content/upload_files/backwpup-89aa7-temp/phptKZQA5
    [Tue Oct 01 16:20:52 2013] [error] [client 5.9.120.112] client denied by server configuration: /usr/www/users/mobilu/wp-content/upload_files/backwpup-89aa7-temp/php8qaWY9
    [Tue Oct 01 16:20:52 2013] [error] [client 5.9.120.112] client denied by server configuration: /usr/www/users/mobilu/wp-content/upload_files/backwpup-89aa7-temp/phpYIzqjI
    [Wed Oct 02 00:19:08 2013] [error] [client 59.174.20.180] File does not exist: /usr/www/users/mobilu/forum/register.php+++++++++++++++++Result:+used+x_fields.txt;+chosen+nickname+"Talfattinag";+registered+(registering+only+mode+is+ON);, referer: http://www.mobilehighlights.de/forum/register.php+++++++++++++++++Result:+used+x_fields.txt;+chosen+nickname+%22Talfattinag%22;+registered+%28registering+only+mode+is+ON%29;
    [Wed Oct 02 01:32:42 2013] [error] [client 220.200.60.109] File does not exist: /usr/www/users/mobilu/forum/apple-osx, referer: http://www.mobilehighlights.de/forum/apple-osx/leanne-weatherly-go-and-find/
    [Wed Oct 02 03:56:59 2013] [error] [client 202.46.58.177] Directory index forbidden by Options directive: /usr/www/users/mobilu/wp-content/plugins/daikos-youtube-widget/thickbox/
    [Wed Oct 02 17:52:19 2013] [error] [client 93.80.127.63] File does not exist: /usr/www/users/mobilu/forum/ovi-store-nokia, referer: http://mobilehighlights.de/forum/ovi-store-nokia/der-parkplatzfinder-furs-handy-wirklich-notig/index.php
    [Wed Oct 02 23:07:27 2013] [error] [client 110.85.84.56] File does not exist: /usr/www/users/mobilu/forum/sign_up.html, referer: http://www.mobilehighlights.de/forum/

in FTP I could find an error file, just the normal www_logs folder of each day.... :disappointed:

best regards

marcus

• Marcus
    • New Recruit

3rd and even last thing for today:

if I run the Snapshot manually in the overview and I click the "now" link the Snapshot Log Viewer pop up, but always says: Loading... withoiut any result even after 30 minutes loading... with Mobilehighlights.de the same as airlines24.com... is this normal ? my system ist OSX 10.8.5 and the newest Firefox 24.0

have a nice weekend, I am off until Monday now...

marcus

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@Marcus,

Looks like you have some strange filenames in your media section (wp-content/uploads). you need to login in manually and look at excluding these via the Snapshots > Settings > Global Exclusions section.

if I run the Snapshot manually in the overview and I click the "now" link the Snapshot Log Viewer pop up, but always says: Loading... withoiut any result even after 30 minutes loading... with Mobilehighlights.de the same as airlines24.com... is this normal ?

Yes and no. The live log view does not work well on all sites. It is trying to load the log output while your system is busy doing to backup.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.