there, i have a question regarding this plugin. I only want

Hi there, i have a question regarding this plugin. I only want chat to be accessed via buddypress groups. I have configured this. But what i want to know is how this plugins polls the server for updates.

If i had a single group with 2 members within, both members had previously accessed the chat but since logged-out - does this plugin keep polling the server if there are no users actively logged in and on the chat page?

• craig
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

ok thank you, but as i using the plugin for users to login and arrange a meeting, with a big possibility that each user will login and logout frequently and keep group chat open, i DONT want the system to continuously poll when no users are active.

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@craig,

If i had a single group with 2 members within, both members had previously accessed the chat but since logged-out - does this plugin keep polling the server if there are no users actively logged in and on the chat page?

As they say it depends. By default the Chat plugin will load its JavaScript and CSS within all pages of your site. and in some cases will even load within wp-admin. This is because not only does the plugin service any active chat session but it also polls the server for private chat requests you may be invited to.

You can prevent loading or limit loading on certain page. In wp-admin go to Chat > Settings Common then to the Blocked URLs tab. Here you can define where you want the Chat JS/CSS to be loaded. Or where you don't want the Chat JS/CSS to be loaded.

but as i using the plugin for users to login and arrange a meeting, with a big possibility that each user will login and logout frequently and keep group chat open, i DONT want the system to continuously poll when no users are active.

The Chat plugin loads JS/CSS to the user's browser. If they have logged out of the site and don't have access to the BP Group then the polling will not occur.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.