there I have been using wpmudev products for a while now

Hi there

I have been using wpmudev products for a while now without any hazzles, but lately I get the following errors on Google for all my sites:
302 Found. nginx/1.4.3

The sites are all still operational.

This is very bad because Google now suspend my ads and also de-index all my sites. It only happens on mapped domains and not on my primary domains, which suggest that it is the way that the domain mapping redirect works.

It looks like the domain mapping plugin does a 302 redirect and not a 301.

Could you please help me to fix this error or give my any pointers on how to fix this?

Thanks

• Michelle Shull

Hello danie! I'd love to help.

First, I need a little more information. Can you share the contents of your nginx.conf with me? You can paste it here, or you can send it to me via contact form if you're more comfortable with that.

Also, if you're using Varnish, I need to see your Varnish config file.

To send in with the contact form, use the following to make it get to me faster:

Subject: "Attn: Michelle Shull"

Select "I have a different question" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks!

• danie2

Hi Michelle

Thank you for the quick reply. I have send the information via the contact page.

The problem is that it is quite a new problem and it happens on both my servers. Nothing changed on my servers. My sites are also 100% operational. I think Google just caught onto the 302 thing now. It happens now on all my sites that I map using the domain mapping plugin. it just suddenly started to happen.

Could it maybe be that the domain mapping plugin generates a 302 and not a 301?

An example of one of my sites is: http://ready-meals.co.za/

You can see that the site is working, but when you google ready-meals.co.za you will see the error in action

Thank you very much

Danie

• Michelle Shull

Hey Danie, I've received your email and looked over your logs.

Are you sure the 302 re-directions are the cause of being removed from AdSense and being de-indexed? Google's crawler bots can maneuver through both 301 and 302 redirects, unless the intent is clearly black hat. (Trying to game the search engines using nefarious methods.)

At worst, this might slightly negatively affect where you end up on the search results page, but it shouldn't get you totally de-indexed or kicked out of AdSense.

Did you encounter any errors when you set up domain mapping?

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.