Free membership setup with Membership 2 Pro shows still payment information

Hi there,

I just installed the Membership 2 Pro plugin and I want to setup two types of free memberships - so no payment involved at all.

The problem I am facing is that even if I choose that there is no payment for this membership, it still shows information that is related to payment for that membership and it doesn't make sense. I see the information in the back end and also when registering for a membership. I made screenshots.

See here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbrsfx5q5uf57pr/wp-admin_admin_php_page%3Dmembership2_02.png?dl=0
(you see the switch "This is a paid membership) is off!

And here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qsf0raamiq3bnu/wp-admin_admin_php_page%3Dmembership2_01.png?dl=0
(You can see that it tells me that there are already paying members. Why paying member when it is a free membership?)

So I have tested the registration, which works but it shows me information about a payment gateway when I sign up? How is this possible, when it is a free membership and no payment is involved.
See here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nao4egujvybzw4u/wp-admin_admin_php_page%3Dmembership2_03.png?dl=0

This is really disturbing. I am questioning this plugin, since it already starts to act so awkwardly for this kinda simple things.

Do you have a simple explanation for this and a fix? I think otherwise I think I am just going to drop this and use another plugin. By the way, is it possible that this plugin is the one you have most trouble with. I read terrible reviews on Wordpress.org for the free one. It seems a lot of people have been really really troubled by using this plugin.

I only need this for a realtively simple set up but I am already confused by what I described about the issues I am facing. I hope this will be all easy to resolve.

Thank you!

Warm regards,
Sebastian

Rupok

Hi Sebastian, hope you had a wonderful day.

Why paying member when it is a free membership?

I'm confirming this as a bug and reporting to our developer right now. I believe he will include the fix in our next release or as soon as possible.

I have tested the registration, which works but it shows me information about a payment gateway when I sign up

This is also a confirmed bug. I'm also reporting this right now.

Please keep in mind, our developers work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a tiny little while for them to check this and release a fix.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Sebastian

Thank you for your reply Rupok.

It is quite surprising to me that a premium plugin (that was initially released in 2011 - as far as I can see) has this kinda bug that relates to absolute basic things. This is almost the most basic thing I can imagine. A free membership.
    I am just sharing my thoughts with you, no blame.

I hope they can fix this within a few days otherwise I have to find another plugin, which would be kinda silly. Just for you to know, the Membership 2 Pro plugin is one of the main reasons why I signed up for a membership with WPMDUV.
    But anyhow, so far I am quite happy with the plugins - apart from this one.

Warm regards,
    Sebastian