there! I need some help choosing plugins and so on for

Hi there!

I need some help choosing plugins and so on for a new site. Its for a new app and business system that i will publish on Appstore in some week or so.

I need some nice way to make it easy for my customers to see faq , make support tickets and so on.

I think i will go with genesis/studiopress theme as a start but will choose my plugins from wpmudev.

Any ideas what to look for?

Cheers,
Andreas

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Andreas,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

This would mostly come down to how you plan to create the app and how it needs to communicate to your app.

Will your App be a mobile version of the website or will it be a full separate app?

How are you creating the app? Custom coded, or using a pre-built service? Please advise :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Andreas

Hi there mr Jack!

My app is almost done and its custom built to act as a "remote" to a business system. The website is for geting people to use it and will also acts like an information site so that all users understand all the options, and what to app does.

For that i would need...

CUSTOMER SYSTEM
    I will need a system for taking care of payments and admin of users and so on (i think this need to be a custom system but maybe there is a plugin that can be modified)

It need to be able to verify payments and to add "extra users" from admin customer account. and let customer admin to get invoices each month.

Q&A
    Some kind of faq with possibilities to do tickets (i am installing wpmudev q&a as we speak ... err write.. and maybe it does the trick.

VIDEO
    Some kind of video tutorials and tutorials with pictures need to be made, hopefully i can do it in q&a plugin

The site should just be nice and clean for my users to be tempted to try out my new app. The app will be free to try for one month or something like that then you pay per user. Also i will need some kind of nice plan with SEO in mind and maybe newsletter and so on ...

Any advices for me? :slight_smile:

Cheers!
    Andreas Graning

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Andreas,

Hope you're well today and thanks for the additional information.

Here as it's a custom system, the plugins may need to be customized to work as required.

For the Q&A, Our Q&A plugin should work quite well for you :slight_smile:

For the Tutorials, this depends, personally if it was me, I'd create a jQuery Masonary grid and have the tutorials there, filterable by tags, there's a few plugin to do this out of the box if you'd rather, for example, http://codecanyon.net/item/media-grid-wordpress-responsive-portfolio/2218545

For the payments etc, would you be restricting parts of the site? So you'd need a membership plugin or just for taking payments?

You may find something like WP-client would work for you http://wp-client.com/ :slight_smile:

For newsletter, you could use our e-newsletter plugin or you could stick with something such as Mailchimp :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.