Plugin Integration on a Multi-site Membership Project

Hi there,

I'm about to start work on my own membership multi-site project that will have multiple aspects to it. It's going to be a membership site with several levels (more to be added over time), I want both members and non-members to be able to create/purchase a new website(s) for themselves using the ProSites plugin (with Domain Mapping) and there will be training courses for both members and non-members.

Also, in an ideal world, I want all of these to be accessible from a single log-in. i.e. One log-in provides them with access to all of the features and membership levels (not to their website(s) control panel, of course. That will be seperate).

Please bear in mind that I'm not a programmer, although, I'm very adept with WordPress, which is why I've signed up to WPMUDEV.

My question is, will the respective plugins all integrate together and allow me to run all of this from the one site?

I'm particularly interested in whether I can combine Membership Pro2 and CoursePress in to this mix? (There will be a lot of content for members but I'd like to include courses that can make use of the many features of CoursePress pro such as the online assessment/certification tool.)

I will probably be looking to integrate many other of your plugins, as well, so that my members can get access to some of them for free and pay for others, depending on their membership levels within my system. I'll also want to be using many of them, myself, including the branding and other plugins that relate to members being able to have websites on my multi-site network.

I guess I'm asking whether this may be too much to achieve from the one site?

Kindest regards,

Steve

• Bojan Radonic

Hey there Steve,

How are you doing today?

Generally all of the above should be possible to with the plugins you mentioned above.

First of all you can use both Pro Sites and Domain Mapping to allow users to create sites on multisite network.

Also once a user registers and create a site, he will also be registered as subscriber on your main site so he can use the account for other purposes such as the ones you mentioned above.

You can also setup membership 2 on your main site and protect content for your users, however, payments for those membership levels will have to be done separately. Users will have to pay for site creation via Pro Sites and after for different access level for protected content via Membership if that makes sense.

CoursePress can be used with Membership but in this case you'd have to create free courses and then protect them with Membership plugin, so you can avoid your members being forced to pay for both membership level and a course.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Steve - Just Think BiG

Hi Bojan,

I'm very well, thanks. How are you?

Thanks for your very prompt reply. It's greatly appreciated and just a few points to clarify:

Looking again, I see that Membership Pro2, CoursePress Pro and ProSites all allow for manual payments. As I want my paid members to have free access to everything available in ProSites as part of their membership, can I set that up manually so that members have full access to that?

Regarding Membership Pro2 and CoursePress Pro integration, can I set up membership levels that are a single, one-off payment, as well as levels that are a monthly subscription in the same site?

I hope to be able to offer courses to non-members, as well as to members. If I can set up membership levels where a full member has access to all of the courses for free, and then other levels where non-members would have access to a particular course (that may be able to members, as well), that would be perfect for me. Is that possible?

Ideally, I need for all of this to be possible without having to do any coding :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your help.

Kindest regards,

Steve

• Bojan Radonic

Hey again Steve,

In this case you can create a free level in membership or use a "Default Membership" which is applied to all registered users by default which would have access to a particular course and then create a private membership (which is not visible to registered user so they can sign up for it) where you can manually add users who pay via Pro Sites for site creation.

This shouldn't require any kind of coding and it should work out of a box.

Cheers,
    Bojan

• Bojan Radonic

Hey Steve,

CoursePress has integration with both Marketpress and WooCommerce which means you can use payment gateways from each of those two plugins for selling courses.

As for Membership 2 it should work along side these plugins but it doesn't have integration with any of the above. Please note that Membership 2 uses its own gateways for payments so you can't use MarketPress or WooCommerce for payments in Membership 2.

Cheers,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.